100 Series Bolt-On Tire Carrier (1 Viewer)

Interested in a bolt on tire carrier

• Yes

Votes: 88 52.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Possibly if under 1000.00

Votes: 90 53.9%
  • DIY Kit

Votes: 25 15.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
100 SERIES PROTOTYPE IN THE WORKS.

Made one for the 80 Series guys and the files, with some modifications can work for the 100 series as well. I have a unmolested 100 coming in and will be using it to set this up if there is enough interest.

Bolt on, no welding. Cutting the rear plastic cover for the crossmember support plate will have to be done on the 100.

Pictured with a 33.3" tire.

Secondary arm would be available. DS or PS tire will be an option as well as a DIY kit.

Thanks and let me know,

Jason

PXL_20230401_181747017.jpg
PXL_20230401_181639387.jpg
PXL_20230401_181623430.jpg

Last edited:
I think something like that would be awesome! Do you have an idea what price range it would be in?

I already have a steel rear bumper with all the gadgets, but I think something like this with the original bumper would have been a better solution for the weight savings.

I think something like that would be awesome! Do you have an idea what price range it would be in?

I already have a steel rear bumper with all the gadgets, but I think something like this with the original bumper would have been a better solution for the weight savings.

I'll know on pricing in about a week. Steel prices have doubled since January and its cheaper to send parts to the laser cutter than cut on my plasma in house these days.....

I'm hoping to come in under 1000.00 fully welded and about 800.00 for a DIY kit.

J

Last edited:
I'll know on pricing in about a week. Steel prices have doubled since January and its cheaper to send parts to the laser cutter than cut on my plasma in house these days.....

I'm hoping to come in under 1000.00 fully welded and about 800.00 for a DIY kit.

J
I have been wanting something like this for awhile Jason!

I know material prices are way up but this seems really interesting.

Does this setup retain the trailer hitch?

Interested, but probably not right away since I have definitely blown my yearly budget. Couple questions:
  • What kind of weight savings over a full bumper would you expect?
  • Being that this bolts onto the stock bumper, does this reduce the clearance angle? Maybe if you can provide a comparison to a full bumper and swing out setup with some side views.
  • With metal prices being so high right now, would you look to revise the pricing when that (hopefully) returns to normal levels?

Interesting…

With a passenger side spare mount, it looks like I may not have to relocate my current backup camera. It also looks like there might be enough room to just shift the license plate to the left, with an offset bracket, instead of a full relocation of the license plate.

I assume that this proposed carrier is bolting to the center, and outer corner, of the rear crossmember?

Interesting…

With a passenger side spare mount, it looks like I may not have to relocate my current backup camera. It also looks like there might be enough room to just shift the license plate to the left, with an offset bracket, instead of a full relocation of the license plate.

I assume that this proposed carrier is bolting to the center, and outer corner, of the rear crossmember?

Yes on attachment. If needed to full relo the plate the tire carrier upright has a spot for the plate.

I’d be interested and think this would be an excellent alternative to hitch receiver mounted offerings on the market - rigd ultraswing, wilco hitchgate, trail swing etc…

Yes.

If similar to 80 looks like hitch can be retained. I’d prefer it super snug to the gate, perhaps a slight angle in to negate any departure angle issues. Then, finally, weight. If not that much lighter it doesn’t make much sense as an alternate to a full rear. I’ll even shell out more to have a lighter alu option, perhaps upright bolted to the swing arm.

Yes.

If similar to 80 looks like hitch can be retained. I’d prefer it super snug to the gate, perhaps a slight angle in to negate any departure angle issues. Then, finally, weight. If not that much lighter it doesn’t make much sense as an alternate to a full rear. I’ll even shell out more to have a lighter alu option, perhaps upright bolted to the swing arm.
My rear full bumper weighs in around 225#, as shown is 62#. For most its a $$ thing not a ## thing.

I usually make things as tight to the body as possible, but most of the 80 guys want a drop table or a RotoPax fuel/water can and away from the body more.

There are two double adjustable tire mount options, straight and pitched, just like my bumper offerings. Height and pitch for the customer to decide on.

The DIY guys can adapt as close to the body as they want.

J

I’d be interested and think this would be an excellent alternative to hitch receiver mounted offerings on the market - rigd ultraswing, wilco hitchgate, trail swing etc…

And 10X more stable and safe. I can even add a secondary 2" receiver for bike racks too.

J

My rear full bumper weighs in around 225#, as shown is 62#. For most its a $$ thing not a ## thing.

I usually make things as tight to the body as possible, but most of the 80 guys want a drop table or a RotoPax fuel/water can and away from the body more.

There are two double adjustable tire mount options, straight and pitched, just like my bumper offerings. Height and pitch for the customer to decide on.

The DIY guys can adapt as close to the body as they want.

J
62# is awesome.
I’m in for sure. Especially if a hitch for bike rack can also be optioned. Keep us posted!

I think 98-2002 will have that in the bumper where they will have to cut. Whereas 2003-2007 will need to remove the bolted in trailer hitch attachment but don't have to cut into the stock bumper. Would 03-07 owners loose the factory trailer hitch and have to add one that attaches to the frame rail?

The pattern in the rear is the same for 40 series, 80 where it was made for a pintle attachment.
1627252913806.png

Technically, the 80 series one would fit right onto the 100 and also the 40 without modification.

100% would be interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom