Bolt on Steps for Sliders (1-1/2", 1-3/4", 2" tubes) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dissent

Questioning my life choices...
Threads
I finally bought a set of White Knuckle sliders today and went back and forth with the 5' 2" :princess: regarding how she's ever going to get into the truck again when I came across a guy who produces bolt on steps for sliders. They fit a variety of tube sizes (1-1/2", 1-3/4", 2") and have received very positive reviews so far.

These are the ones I bought:
1022002n.jpg

These obviously would be removed for wheeling but for the 80% of the time I'm commuting or driving around town, the vertically challenged will no longer chastise me for the lift and sliders! ;) Simply remove four bolts per step and you're ready to wheel! :steer:

They come as a bolt on loop or a loop with a wider welded steel foot pad covered in expanded steel or a glue on rubber pad. He includes slips of rubber or 'slider protectors' to prevent marring the paint where the clamps contact the sliders.

Pricing isn't too shabby, about $180 for 4x steps with expanded steel. I still have to paint or powder-coat them.

Here's a link to the Taco forum where he details the idea, fabrication and such:
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/bolt-on-steps-for-sliders-are-here.138280/

Here's a link to the site to purchase:
http://stores.streetacos.com/sliders/

when i had some friends in town and that meant that there was a short pregnant lady who needed to get in and out of my truck a lot, i bought a stool at ikea for $7 and threw it in the back seat.

Hmm, maybe my :princess: would cork that complaint for once! And easy to remove hitting the trail. I bet I could make some much cheaper, and on a clevis pin or something!

Hmm, maybe my :princess: would cork that complaint for once! And easy to remove hitting the trail. I bet I could make some much cheaper, and on a clevis pin or something!
I've considered how to modify these to just clevis pin on using a top mount only or something that will speed up the install/removal. Going to have to play with them a bit.

This is perfect!
What's the width at the mount clamps? It would be nice to be useful for the front and rear passengers

Not sure yet, maybe each clamp is about 1-1/2" or 2"? I think the steps are 12" wide roughly from what I recall reading on the Taco forum. I plan on installing all 4 on the 65" (short) White Knuckle sliders for a 5000 mile family road trip.

Last edited:
width, 12" apart? thanks
Need to measure and see if 4 will fit not sure if they will be too far forward to be useful for the back doors.
Thoughts?

The pics on the other forum showed them on a 4 door Taco and it looked like they fit. He sells them as a 4-pack so I'd guess they fit. I'll post up findings when they arrive.

Received my steps, they look fantastic. Caps are numbered to the steps. I'll stamp the pairs with my machinist punch and wire them together for powder coat. Sliders aren't in yet but they should work great. I'd like to find some quick release bolts similar to a quick release bike axle setup.

I'm thinking these adjustable cam locks to replace the nuts like this one.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1442705129.702542.jpg

The entire width of the step is 21" measured from outside of the clamps. The actual footpad is 8" wide.

I don't think the rear steps will accommodate the lockout on the sliders. I don't have my sliders yet but the 21" span may be too wide and contact where the lockout curves. I might have to sell this second set and just have the steps on the front. Not sure how to proceed at this point. Maybe a fabricator can shorten the rear steps once I have a proper measurement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom