Help Wanted Boise, Idaho Cruiser shop help, will train (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SNLC

OCD
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.snlandcruisers.com
I am starting to consider hiring a second guy.

Looking for somebody who wants to learn. You don’t need a lot of experience, I can and will train you. You do need to follow instructions, listen, pay attention to details and be motivated. You need to not care about working in a dirty or hot/cold environment. We got heat in the shop but no A\C.

I am looking for a long term employee who wants to and is willing to work his way up the ladder.

Starting wage, $12-15/hr, if you have no experience it’s $12, if you have some experience and tools it’s $15.
No drug addicts, alcoholics or serious criminal records.

The ideal person is into Toyota’s, best if that is Cruisers. Wants to learn a trade and grow with the business.

I take care of my employees, let you and help you work on your own junk after hours and you can go wheeling with us too. 😁

Cheers

Also seeking somebody with more skills.

Pay depending on experience but $20-30/hr is standard starting wage for somebody with skills.

Cheers

Also seeking somebody with more skills.

Pay depending on experience but $20-30/hr is standard starting wage for somebody with skills.

Cheers
Would love to discuss the definition of "More Skills" please......

We have recently been looking to relocate to the Boise area and I saw your first post but didn't want to waste your time. You can PM me when you're available and we can exchange contact info to set up a time to connect.

Thanks for the time,
Rob

Last edited:
So “more skills” means being able to do a knuckle job on your own without supervision. A timing belt, install a lift, trouble shoot problems, weld and fabricate.

Depending on where your skill set lands in all that determines wage.

Having more skills also generally means bringing your own tools and having your own tool chest in the shop.

Cheers

Bump

We have hired a good mechanic but still need a fabricator.

About to start looking local but would love to get a Cruiserhead or even just a Toyota guy in this position.

We have excellent projects going, come join us and build dream Land Cruisers! 😁

Not to mention, Boise is a great place to live and call home.

Cheers

Experienced mechanic position has opened up in our shop. See CL ad here for more details.

Cheers

Mechanic position opening up again.

If you are interested in working on Cruisers, building awesome trucks and all that hit me up.

Cheers

Would love to hit you up, but in the crazy housing market I can't imagine anyone would be able to take this job unless they already have a house in Boise or enjoy what I call the "California advantage"

No insult implied, just struck me cause I been wanting to move back to Idaho.

Last edited:
Would love to hit you up, but in the crazy housing market I can't imagine anyone would be able to take this job unless they already have a house in Boise or enjoy what I call the "California advantage"

No insult implied, just struck me cause I been wanting to move back to Idaho.

Two years ago, it was normal prices. Then 2020 came and a mass exodus from those other states. Now, bidding wars for a house. Stuff on the market for $350k is being sold for $450k or more.

One of my employees moved here from Oregon in January and bought a nice place in Emmitt for just under $350k.

Cheers

Looking forward to swinging by! Glad to have you in the Boise area. I live in Eagle.

Found a local Job .. I couldn't delete

Last edited:
I filled the position but we have so much work I may be interested in bringing on another guy depending on your skills or qualifications. Only interested in a person with experience

You can pm me here or email me at ian@snlandcruisers.com

Cheers
have you thought of outsourcing some work? Ie, some one who has the specialty gear to repair parts? ie, like fuel injectors? Also...did you know the best mechanic is not a mechanic...but a consumer electronics technician/technologist? I am very serios. mechanical is easy, its the electronics and electrical troubelshooting is the hardest part "For other tech"s. I have seen my share of weird ODB issues. Example, what if you saw 5-10 trouble codes go off at once? I came across a vidio where it showed this every issue "I was right!!" it was a 50/50 that it was ... now anyone reading this, name the three possible main causes for multiple sensor trouble codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom