bodylift on bj74 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have askrd the question at o/l but not to meny imports in aus i have had a look and i dont know if a 2" lift would be an easy lift some input from some who has done with 13bt auto ,pto and cable lockers :cheers:

it is not banned here, just there is no need to do one...
Bruce has one on his 70 series and it looks alright, been there a few years now. shoot an email off to lowenbroug (sp?)

body lifts are hurtin, it already has enough body lift from the factory

Eric Winkworth said:
body lifts are hurtin, it already has enough body lift from the factory

That's what I thought til I saw one. I've seen Steve's in moab and would have never know if I didn't ask him how he cleared the tires and the pics of Bruce's you can't tell they have a body lift. Plus you have to go with longer shackels (which I don't like), custom springs, or a spring over for some really big meats. I think a 1" maybe 2" with my OME springs would be perfect. I still plan to go this route if I do the mitsu turbo to clean the 7x hood.

:cheers:

Yup, Bruce's looks very nice from what I recall. His is a cutom Mullen job. There is a 4crawler lift in a 70 from Ontario, made by this fella:

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/BodyLiftKit.shtml

Seems the right thing to do if you want to clear big tires, get the rockers up a little, and maintain a low center of gravity.

gb

Just don`t do what one customer did, SEVEN PUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I drove the truck and would come to a stop I could see what looked like the shifter moving several inchs back, when accelerating it would shift forward several inches.

1 to 2 inch lifts offer a variety of benefits that I have seen.

Roger Browns kit's are in the above link are very reasonable if you ask me. I don't think he has a 70 listed on the page but he's familair with them (sent me an email with pricing and pieces) and remembered doing Steve's.

i can get the stuff free from work its just that its my daily driver iam only trying to learn fom others mistakes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom