Body stretch pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched for wheelbase stretch and found posts detailing moving axles outwards ... but what I'm trying to get is an idea of is what a FJ40 looks like with a 10 to 15 "body " stretch ... with the increase betweeen the door and rear wheel well. Appreciate links to all pic's that might be out there. Thanks.

pygpen said:
Here is one that was on the double locker run with us this year.
http://www.birfield.com/albums/album36/DSC02863.sized.jpg
I believe it is stretched 10", aluminium body by aqualu, IIRC. This is the guy/rig that took the real hard roll near buck island if you remember the article from the trails.
There are more pics of it in this albumn.
http://www.birfield.com/modules/gallery/album36?page=18
PMK

pygpin ... many thanks. Does not really change the "looks" much ... an issue with my wife. I'm trying to talk her into a stretched Aqualu rig. ;) Thanks again.

me also
i,ve been talking to aqualu also looking at picking up one of there stretched fj45 cabs and short box to build a truck for my wife she wants smallblock and auto .

bpnkrtn said:
pygpin ... many thanks. Does not really change the "looks" much ... an issue with my wife. I'm trying to talk her into a stretched Aqualu rig. ;) Thanks again.

you don't like the stretched trucks either ??like these Bandeirante's i love em!

lunyou said:
i dont like em stretched they look to cheap.

lunyou
Bandeirante 87.jpg
Bandeirante 96.jpg

Yeah those are friggin' awesome.... I'd love to see those here. Yes I know TLC has one, saw it at the Toyota Jamboree @ Johnson Valley 2 years ago. Sweeeet truck....

try searching for a fj44, factory stock w/ ~18 inches extra in front of the rear wheels. only OZ market i think.
carl

FJ42 and 43....

yotanut said:
Here is some I have saved.
-Duane

Is the red one a factory FJ44? Anyone know the wheel base and the increased length behind the rear wheels?

Just guessing ... but it looks like the wb is +/- 10 inches longer with +/- 6 inches behind rear wheel?? Thanks for all the info.

bruce

I really like the red one. That would allow my dogs a bit more room with the camping gear. Were there any 42s available in the US?

Interesting that the Bandiertee's are BJ55's...

FJ55's are completly different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom