Body Shop recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thekitchensink

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone had experience with a body shop around here?

Watts Collision in Douglasville/Winston did a great job on my door screw-up last month. Not sure where you're located...

All my old BMW buddies love Magnum Collision in Marietta, but they're gonna be pricey. I think they're on 41 just north of Canton Rd. Connector

All my old BMW buddies love Magnum Collision in Marietta ...

Warning Magnum is not the same company that it used to be!!!
It has been purchased by new owners that appear focused pulling every penny out of the insurance companies rather than providing a surface. In the past they did great work for me, but this summer they only strung me and the insurance company along until the max'd out storage fees then demanded that my FZJ80 be totaled. Pure rip off by Magnum so I would stay away from them.

[FYI I had the 80 repaired by Crash Masters in Kennesaw. They were easy to work with and appear to have done a good job and for what the insurance company estimated]

Not sure where you're located...

I’m in the Norcross/Lilburn area... but work down in Chamblee/Brookhaven.

I had a local shop take a look at it... but he didn’t seem to interested. Probably makes more money from insurance companies and dealerships. I’ll keep looking. Thanks guys!

What kind of repair? I've used Kelly's Auto Care (1395 Howell Mill Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30318) for two things: wife crashed the front end of our corolla (extensive damage that came out near perfect) that was covered 100% by insurance (so I can't give you a price quote) and they had to randomly repair a door part that required specialty tools (paid $100 for about 1 hours worth of work).

I may or may not have bent the frame of my cruiser while sliding on an ice covered road and hitting a wall.

I think I found a shop to do the work. It’s a place called Classic Collision in a Chamblee. The guy there said they can do it, and to come in on a Saturday when no one is around so they can fit up the new bumper and everything. He also said “we’re all big into off roading here, so we’d be glad to help you out.” (Pointing at all the heeps, sheeps, and beeps in the employee parking lot) :confused:
I won’t kid them too hard...

Anyway. Thanks for the suggestions, y’all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom