body shop reccomendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for body shop recommendations for my mom's 100 series that was hit from behind. IMO, the truck is totaled (substantial frame damage) but the other people's insurance company came in with a remarkable low estimate that is missing the majority of the damage, including the frame damage. They refuse to look at the truck in person or change their estimate, even though they only included a small portion of the actual damage. So, we are getting estimates on our own to try and get the truck totaled. Thanks in advance!

Where are you located? Also, if I may ask what insurance company, I be curious to know in case I need to avoid them.

Phoenix area, sorry about that. State auto, avoid them at all costs.

Precision Auto Body in Tempe did really good work and good insurance handling on my 200 last summer. KJ is the guy there to talk to.

👆🏽That’s where I *should* have taken my 100.

@peacesells63 the only advice I can give is that I strongly suggest you avoid Augie’s Auto Body in Mesa.

👆🏽That’s where I *should* have taken my 100.

@peacesells63 the only advice I can give is that I strongly suggest you avoid Augie’s Auto Body in Mesa.
Yeah Precision did really good work and was a pleasure to deal with. They ended up getting a ton of extra stuff covered by insurance that wasn't on the original estimate. I believe the end invoice was more than double what insurance originally estimated and they covered it all.

They also drove my truck back and forth to Riverview a few times for the Toyota specific stuff it needed.

Yeah Precision did really good work and was a pleasure to deal with. They ended up getting a ton of extra stuff covered by insurance that wasn't on the original estimate. I believe the end invoice was more than double what insurance originally estimated and they covered it all.

They also drove my truck back and forth to Riverview a few times for the Toyota specific stuff it needed.
That’s the way it should be!

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow, thanks!

File the claim through your mom's insurance. That's the best way to handle this, They'll get everything from the other guys insurance. That's what you pay them for.

Jim

File the claim through your mom's insurance. That's the best way to handle this, They'll get everything from the other guys insurance. That's what you pay them for.

Jim
Yeah, that’s the plan. State Farm (her insurance) said they can get us a check by the end of the week after we get an estimate. Their total out price range is remarkably high too.

I dropped the truck off at precision yesterday, so far they are at $18k and have not included the interior damage yet. Opened a claim with her insurance, hoping to have a figure by the end of the week. Thanks for the reccomendations!

I dropped the truck off at precision yesterday, so far they are at $18k and have not included the interior damage yet. Opened a claim with her insurance, hoping to have a figure by the end of the week. Thanks for the reccomendations!

You are well past what an insurance company would total it. The estimate on my 2000 Tundra back in early 2004 was somewhere between $16k and $17K. They totalled it and paid me $23K. This was a single car accident on an icy road so my insurance. Generally an insurance company expects further hidden damage will be found and instead of finding that and being up to what the settlement value with total it and at least get something for it at auction. Totalled it just goes away. For the other insurance company would tell them this a rust vehicle that had a straight body. Would only except new OEM parts and not some aftermarket or parts from a wrecking that very possibly would need to be repaired. At $18+ figure it is totaled and plan on battling for the value. No way will an insurance pay that much to repair 2000 LC knowing very well the cost will most likely go up once worked started.

Has anyone mentioned diminished value? If they fix it you can claim the value is less after the accident. CarFax will show an accident. Accident wasn't your mom's fault and she need to be compensated for lower value of her vehicle when she goes to sell it. Doesn't come in to play if it's total but if they repair it and she gets it back she would have to take less to sell it. In this case if it was towed from the accident will play in your favor. Most people that shows up on CarFax will automatically pass. If the two companies get together and decide to repair it be sure to bring that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom