Body shop for rust repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone recommend a body shop in the Phx area for some light rust repair (rear windows, back hatch, etc)?

Anyone recommend a body shop in the Phx area for some light rust repair (rear windows, back hatch, etc)?
Did you ever find a place? I’d like to get some of my undercarriage rust cleaned up and just don’t have time myself

099A521A-2E69-4CDF-A292-817DA3DBB305.jpeg

Is this Rot repair or just surface rust?

Is this Rot repair or just surface rust?
Lets call it surface rust. Haven't really dug deep enough into it to say 100%, but it hasn't visually gotten any worse. It was only it's first 5 years of it's life in the NE and been in AZ the past 5 years. Any advice?

Can you post some pictures of the areas in question? I may be able to help you without having to physically look at the vehicle. My shop is at CaveCreek and Hatcher though if you wanted to swing by for me to take a quick look at it. Thinking that we can help you without actually spending any money at my shop for heavy duty repairs. I have a few tricks for rust abatement.

Can you post some pictures of the areas in question? I may be able to help you without having to physically look at the vehicle. My shop is at CaveCreek and Hatcher though if you wanted to swing by for me to take a quick look at it. Thinking that we can help you without actually spending any money at my shop for heavy duty repairs. I have a few tricks for rust abatement.
It visually looks bad, but from what I can tell it's just almost or all surface rust.......just a lot of it. Main problem areas are the rear axle housing and the hitch. From the axle forward everything is pretty much rust free. My main concern even living in AZ is I just don't want this to get worse. I'd love if appearance wise it looked more like an AZ truck though too. I did take a hammer to it a few minutes ago, and it scrapes off pretty easy just a thin layer of actual rust. I did buy some POR-15 kit a while back, but never got around to trying it

Amazon product ASIN B077J66P27
Any advice much appreciated.

IMG_2263.jpeg

IMG_2256.jpeg

IMG_2255.jpeg

IMG_2254.jpeg

IMG_2251.jpeg

OK, looks like pretty basic stuff. I’m going to give you my top-secret super special remedy for this exact problem. Get your notebooks out fellas!

5067FF2F-018E-4AD8-B5E2-4D4DFCF9B451.jpeg

48239072-C4D7-48AC-8191-69B224CBDE25.jpeg

E5DF78A6-AF25-49F4-AAC0-1F2D287AA868.jpeg

Rust-Oleum 300112 Rust Dissolver Gel, 32 oz Amazon product ASIN B07HSHZZ79

Spray it on and walk away. Smoke two cigarettes, this should take 15 minutes.

Wash off with water then dry with compressed air immediately. Scuff the freshly cleaned area with grey scotch rite then coat as required. I like to use spray max 3680102 trim black as it holds up well but it’s like $20 per can.

On the cheap you can use the rust-oleum epoxy appliance paint. Holds up well but takes a while to dry. 5 thinner to medium coats will do ya well. Use tinfoil to mask off the areas you don’t want overspray on.

Super duper budget chassis refresh done on a Saturday morning with Home Depot products. Should cost about $50 and two-three hours.

Rust-Oleum 300112 Rust Dissolver Gel, 32 oz Amazon product ASIN B07HSHZZ79

Spray it on and walk away. Smoke two cigarettes, this should take 15 minutes.

Wash off with water then dry with compressed air immediately. Scuff the freshly cleaned area with grey scotch rite then coat as required. I like to use spray max 3680102 trim black as it holds up well but it’s like $20 per can.

On the cheap you can use the rust-oleum epoxy appliance paint. Holds up well but takes a while to dry. 5 thinner to medium coats will do ya well. Use tinfoil to mask off the areas you don’t want overspray on.

Super duper budget chassis refresh done on a Saturday morning with Home Depot products. Should cost about $50 and two-three hours.
Much appreciated I just ordered the gel. I’ll post a after shot when I get er done. Great tips excited to see it in action

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom