Body Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have zero experience with body work. How big of an issue is this?

thanks

arturo7-albums-stuff-picture18660-yowsa-055.jpg

(I'm fairly new to the Mud. Is this the best forum for this question?)

My bodywork skills are zero. Aside from a few spots, this vehicle doesn't seems pretty clean.

Here is another suspect area. Is this a bad bondo job or just a wave in the body?

arturo7-albums-stuff-picture18661-hmmm.jpg

EDIT: Aside from a few spots, this vehicle seems pretty clean.

Where do you get one of these star things, anyway?

EDIT: Aside from a few spots, this vehicle seems pretty clean.

Where do you get one of these star things, anyway?
For the star, I think there's a thread on how to donate, maybe try to search in the 40/55 section. Searching for donation should point you in the right direction.

I am a welder and have done all my metalwork myself and I hate the idea of that kind of damage at the roof. Also yes that is bad bondo work, looks like alot of bondo was used as it is cracking and flaking... rust is definitely covered up on the top there.

side note... on a few rigs I have bought I take a screwdriver pick to those spots. Not to dig around but to see if it wants to push through. Make sure the owner is cool with it though, I had a guy get super pissed once... it turned out to be a bucket of rust covered in paint! I was glad I did it. :cheers:

That fender may be a bad bondo job. Is it soft and flexible when you press on it? It's a common area for rust, mine were totally rusted out, but someone just recently had a batch made for that section, those patches are just fit and weld in type pieces.

Yeah....southboston FJ had some made. I bought a set. Good stuff......He has some left too.

Unless you're real desperate for a pig and the price is really good, stay away from the one with the roof issue. It will be a cut and paste and you will need a donor pig. The fenders aren't so bad to deal with.

Don't forget to look past the new car goggles ( kinda like beer goggles... you know.. she's not THAT bad looking). :beer:

good luck buddy!

Should have the rear half of a roof panel available before the end of summer if that helps any...

look how thick the bondo is on the roof... 3/8"?

if they did that to the roof, you really need to wonder what else they did and painted over.

magnets work very good to check for bondo.

That rust on the roof is a SERIOUS issue. Unless you must have that truck and have DEEP pockets, RUN!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom