Body pix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
An odd request,
I have me a ‘71 FJ40 that I’m getting ready to have an auto shop remove a 4 inch homemade body lift from, but I foresee an issue.
the backend has been weirdly modified or replaced with no tailgate, it’s just smooth across and I don’t think it will clear the back bumper when lowered.
as I don’t have a frame of reference,
im asking for someone to post a couple of pictures of the lower rearend, especially from the underside.
I don’t know anybody with one so I could see what it’s supposed to look like and get some rough measurements.

I'll see if I can get a few photos after I finish my coffee - I have a '71 FJ40 body tub in my driveway.

I’m no expert, but this ain’t right.🥴

9F9053E6-CBCD-46A5-A712-E2650D39AE74.jpeg

70D41725-035C-4217-BDCA-A9F81E4CEF24.jpeg

Interesting P.O. engineering, do you really have to remove your spare to access the rear hatch?
Yes I do, and no gate of any kind either. I’ve only had it a few months and want that 4 inch body lift off bad, but this whole reared thing looks to be a problem.

Interesting P.O. engineering, do you really have to remove your spare to access the rear hatch?
The goal is to put in a flip down tailgate kinda like a BJ. Just seems to be more useful to me.
uptick is the rig runs like a scalded dog! Original motor mated up to a ‘73-74 four speed.
but it has some big P.O. Love done to it. You don’t even want to see the “special hood mod” it would look great on an early’60’s Corvette,
and of course used the beautiful rust free original hood to do it.

Spector has a tailgate.

I’m building a patina rig, so I used some rusty metal left over from a smoker build to base the tailgate on. These tailgate cables worked well. Used cut down cargo trailer hinges from Amazon that are galvanized but painted black.

Also has some Amazon latches that clamp closed. They also have a lock that needs to be released before they open. It’s the small red lever on the latch.

80CEE9C5-55DA-42CD-85B2-7C4AEB943F0A.jpeg

8BEE0A51-9EFD-4B88-9EBD-A692A173EA87.jpeg

41727CD2-3684-4B12-8BD1-F9DBA3ABF183.png

Spector has a tailgate.

I’m building a patina rig, so I used some rusty metal left over from a smoker build to base the tailgate on. These tailgate cables worked well. Used cut down cargo trailer hinges from Amazon that are galvanized but painted black.

Also has some Amazon latches that clamp closed. They also have a lock that needs to be released before they open. It’s the small red lever on the latch.

View attachment 2845194

View attachment 2845195

View attachment 2845201
That’s very cool! That kinda set up seems more user friendly to me than the swing gates.

Thank you. I’ve also added an FJ40 license plate light since the pictures.

In addition to Spector, Aqualu has a storage tailgate. I’ll box my tailgate in based on what will be stored in it.

The goal is to put in a flip down tailgate kinda like a BJ. Just seems to be more useful to me.
uptick is the rig runs like a scalded dog! Original motor mated up to a ‘73-74 four speed.
but it has some big P.O. Love done to it. You don’t even want to see the “special hood mod” it would look great on an early’60’s Corvette,
and of course used the beautiful rust free original hood to do it.

Well now you have to show us the hood

Yes I do, and no gate of any kind either. I’ve only had it a few months and want that 4 inch body lift off bad, but this whole reared thing looks to be a problem.

I see some creative cutting in your future. P.O. must have liked the cj5 look. For what it's worth, a drop down tailgate is great on a 40. I built one similar to YODA 88 62's and love the versatility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom