body parts vendors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i know there are a ton of manufacturers that make parts for the fj40, but i am looking for body panels. specifically the back half. mine is rusted out and i want to replace it. just picked up a 74 fj40 and the sand from the beach killed it. what reputable dealers have you used? i wish i could find a used tub but there arent any around here that i have been able to find (Houston TX area). thanks in advance

I went with the CCOT rear quarter and rocker panels for my 73. And I’m in the finishing stages of the sheet metal work and have been pleased with their product.
This is also my first time doing any major bodywork so I have no experience with any other manufacturers product, although I did have a local sheet metal shop bend up the rear sill cap.
Will you be doing the work your self or taking it to a body shop?

Last edited:
Johnny C you are the MAN. Thanks for putting this all in one post.

THis should be added to FAQ for sure.

I purchased Paul Pilgrims half tub for my '81 fj40 and it is awesome. I would highly recommend his panels to anyone. Yes, they are pricey, but VERY good quality.

i hope to be doing this all myself. i went to look at this 40 yesterday, the guy was asking 6K. looked great in pics, not so much in person. lots of rust, so I threw out a low ball bid of 4500. any more than that and I would have walked. He countered with $4200???? My momma told me to never question my elders so I accepted. So I kept an extra 1800 plus the money I had set aside to do some upgrades or repairs that i figured would happen. Hadnt planned on this much bodywork, but it is a project rig. this is my first restoration build, i just sold my F-Toy rock crawler so this is a huge departure from my comfort zone!

74 FJ40
Vortec V6

the guy was asking 6K. looked great in pics, not so much in person. lots of rust, so I threw out a low ball bid of 4500. any more than that and I would have walked. He countered with $4200????

LOL - you can't really argue with that :hillbilly:

Jonny

Does anybody know how much time it takes to get from San Pedro to San Jose? I am hoping to visit Pauls shop next week. Thanks, MIke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom