Body Paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phipsi.net
Had the day off and decided it had been a while since the 80 got a real detail so went down to a shop I know that has done my rig in the past and he tells me that they can't give the truck a full detail because my body's clearcoat is no more and that it would be damaging to the paint.

Come home wash, wax, and buff it lightly myself and can say that it is nice to have the truck feel smooth and sparkle.

Anyone else have ther paint fading and similar problems with no clear coat cover? I have a 96 which has been out in the CA Sun since birth (when you look at the body panel that used to be covered by the fender flare you can see a significant difference in color). Can this be expected for just 10 years in the running? Big deal or am I just worried about nothing?

The rig has been asthetically taken care of well, washed often and waxed several times a year (with quality products).

Although I like the dirty beat up look, I can also appreciate a clean stealthy look (Don't want the paint to start coming off just yet. Any recommendations, experiences, or opinions are welcome

Sam

My 92 camry spent 3 years in Oceanside, less than a mile from the beach and I had some serious issues with paint and clearcoat. Top of the car looked like peeling sunburn, but only clearcoat coming off. 93 LC spent whole life in Chula vista and no paint issues-dunno but its worth taking care of before you get the sunburn look.
Good Luck,
Dan

Once the clearcoat goes that is usually it for the paint I have lots of issues with mine, hood, right rear panel and top of fender flairs. Find a good painter that does side jobs will keep cost down on touch ups. Went to dealer and several reputable places here in town can't belive the cost to touch up or repaint truck. Good luck...

Andy

I know nothing about painting really, but can you just re-clear the car on top of the old paint?

my green 93 is shot. the whole hood, roof and rear hatch down to the base paint. I made the mistake of thinking i could buff and then was them, now I have white powder mixed into the paint that has been there for two years.

Trent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom