Body on restore 1981 Toyota 4x4 SR5 pickup So. Cal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay, I'm not sure I really want to do this, but I need something a little bigger. This is my restored 1981 Toyota SR5 4x4 pickup. I just finished it in February. It has approx.45k on the 22r 4cyl,all of the accessories are new(battery,starter,alternator etc..) 5 speed manual trans,manual hubs,straight axle. I took the bed off and detailed the frame and suspension. Most of the lights were replaced and the chrome was polished. The interior was good, but I redid the dash and center console.. It is completely stock from the am/fm radio to the mudflaps.I took it to Marlin Crawler inc. in Fresno, and Marlin went from the rear bumper to the front and changed all of the bolts to OEM. He also rebuilt the carb, and replaced all of the vaccuum lines to factory. The paint is new, and I had factory SR5 graphics made and put on. This truck has been in So. Cal. all of its life, so there is no rust. When I took it to my painter, he said it had no bondo, and had never been painted.$8000 Possible trade for FJ60, FZJ80, or crewcab 4x4, or late model grand cherokee 4x4...lawdog66@verizon.net 760-985-4751
0203091209.jpg
0204091713.jpg
0210090836.jpg

sweet truck

Thanks, I have 100's of hours into this truck, and it gets way more attention than I ever expected. I am into rock crawling, and was in the King of the hammers offroad race and at the Tin Benders jamboree at the Hammers in So. Cal. I couldn't believe how many people followed my build on Pirate4x4.com and took pictures of my truck at these events.

Beautiful truck! My friend I grew up with had one just like that which he bought new, changed the rims to chrome spokes and threw the stock rims in the corner of the garage. Fast forward some 30 years, I now have those rims and am planning to put them on my 40 with some 33s. Boy, seeing your truck brings back memories of the good o carefree day. Thanks.

Beautiful truck! My friend I grew up with had one just like that which he bought new, changed the rims to chrome spokes and threw the stock rims in the corner of the garage. Fast forward some 30 years, I now have those rims and am planning to put them on my 40 with some 33s. Boy, seeing your truck brings back memories of the good o carefree day. Thanks.

Buy it and you could be carefree everyday:beer:

Those were the days.

Nice truck.

If it were red and a long box SR5, I would surely buy it as that was my first toyota truck I owned.

Rob

Bump for a Sweet truck!
Good luck!!

bump:beer:

did ya check your PMs? not interested?
Sorry I have sent 2 reply's and it doesnt seem to be working. Nice cruiser but I could only go straight across. Thanks

bump:steer:

bump:popcorn:

Where did you get the SR5 graphics made? I have a very low mileage 81 as well (red, long bed) , and am planning to restore it back to original condition. Great job by the way.

Beautiful truck, good luck with the sale. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom