Body Mounts, When to Replace? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm wondering if anyone has replaced their body mounts do to them wearing out? I'm not sure about the condition of mine, but my truck doesn't sit level with the frame. It's shifted about a 1/4 inch to the drivers side and measuring from the center hub to the lip of the fender flair gives a measurement about 1/4 higher at the drivers side front and passengers side rear.

When I installed my ARB bumper it went on fine, however it looks crooked with the body. The passengers side is lower than the drivers side.

I'm also not sure about the accident history on this truck. It had a clean carfax, but it definitely has had some front end work. The hood and fenders are new, however the transmission cooler doesn't appear to be new.

So if I replace the body mounts, will this potentially fix my body to frame alignment? Also it was a Las Vegas truck, so it was in a dry hot climate for alot of it's life.

I have yet to sell a single 80 series body mount for any reason other than a collision repair. At some point in the future it is likely that mounts will be replaced but I think that is a ways off. I just looked them up and a set currently lists for just over 500 bucks.......

Hard to say, if your measuring from the hub to fender it could be a body/frame problem, or a frame/suspension problem, best to just measure frame to body I would think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom