body mount kits for fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ordered it up from Roger Brown. Hopefully I'll be back on the road by Wednesday.

Spector sells them, but just by individual parts. No kit. What a pain in the A$$.

???where did you find a body lift for your 60? i've thought of making one, but haven't found any articles on any good or bad points. i made 2" blocks for my zuk and thought about making more and just going for it with the 60. dunno. . . i saw a set on the tlc site.
http://www.tlc4x4.com/2000/Parts/tlc_body_mount_kits.htm

hope that helps!

jon
'83 fj60
'88.5 suzuki sj413

Bump to a very old thread!!

I am looking at doing a frame swap on my 60 ,and I am sure that all of the bolts will snap and break while attempting to be removed ( and I would not want to reuse them anyway). As well as the rubber mounts themselves are basically dry rotted, cracked and old.
So what I am looking to purchase is every part needed to swap frames. I guess that would be bolts, nuts, washers, and the actual rubber mounts? Am I missing anything? I would like to purchase this as a kit, does one exist? What can I get OEM from Toyota? I would like to make it as stock as possible. If no kit is available, how many of each part would I need? Does a better aftermarket option exist?

Thanks,
Zack

It seems that they sell numerous brands.....Are they FJ-60 specific parts,or are they generic? IS one brand better than the others?

Thanks,
Zack

whew....I spent some time on the 4crawler site today, and my head is spinning with the number of combos and options available!! If I am reading the site correctly, there is no common body mount sizes for the FJ-60, in that it seems that most FJ-60's are different?? SO.....out of the twelve mounts, you can't be really sure how many small, med, and large mounts you need? He sells a mixed kit that "should" cover all the bases? I wish Toyota sold a combo pack mount kit!

Zack

What I did is look at the mounts on the frame, You should be able to pop in and measure the sizes needed.

My new FJ62 frame had 4 large 6 medium and 2 small.

yeah, just measure what you have and go from there.

X3 Measure the mounts on your new frame and go from there. I also had 2 small, 6 medium and 4 large for the 62 frame I'm using.

Ok I will look under my truck and measure them. It just seems odd that Toyota would not have specifics for this.

Zack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom