Body lifts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ809496TLC

80 series addict
Threads
Has anybody done any body lifts on their 80s? Where can I buy a kit with instructions? I am trying to give my LC a total of 8" to 10" 0f lift. Will a combo lift of 3" to 4" of body lift + 5" to 6" of suspension lift be better than going 8" to 10" of straight suspension lift? The LC will be driven only on weekends with occasional trails. No rock crawling.How about cost between combo lifts compared to straight suspension lifts? ??? :ban:

Body lifts probably arent somthing that alot of people are going to respond to in "hard core corner".. Why do you want that much lift?? i wouldint ever do a body lift, except maybe only a 1" just for a little extra room..

Thanks for the responses guys. The LC will be built with 38" and bigger tires in mind. The body lift came to mind because they are being used in some other countries with success on some other types of offroading (not rock crawling) like mud,sand,snow and ice.It gives the LC more ground clearances with lower center of gravity than a full suspension lift. Adapters have to be purchase to raise the bumpers to line up with the body so it will look correct. I am still debating on doing a combo lift or not.Body will have to be modified if I decided to go to 40"+ tires and modify the rear suspension. It will take a lot of time and money to do all this but I will try to do in phases. Thanks again guys! :cheers:

Used in moderation a body lift is ok. I run a 1" on my 60, and I could have gone a little bit higher (1.5") but it gave me what I wanted, more clearance. It was easy, it was cheap, and it didn't really raise my center of gravity much. You can't even tell I've got a body lift unless you look at the rear end, that's the only place you can see the spacers. I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom