body lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can some one please let me know were i can get any imformation on how to lift a fj45 toyota landcrusier ute body and if there are any modifications that have to be done appreciate any tech help :)

Greetings...
What year 45 and how much lift are you talking about? I just did a 2" lift on my 1977 40. I would imagine the issues would be the same.

if you realy want to go a body lift the cheapest way is 4wheel parts whole sellers i believe its www.4whellparts.com they have replacement pucks in 1 inch 2 inch and 3 inch hieghts, they go for 1.95 to 3.95 apeice you can order however many you need, but you will have to get the bolts at a local suplier go at least grade 5 but if you can go grade 8. when you install them first losen all your body mounts and do one side of the vehicle at a time its not hard just time consuming, you may have to check brake line leangth but there should be enough play in all lines, also you should run a couple of good grounds to frame and body. hope this helps

I had to do a small body lift to mine as well, but one thing to watch out for is the steering column shaft to the steering box. I'm not sure if it's the same for the Left Hand drive Cruiser's, but I had to mod the firewall and change the angle of the steering column in order to align the column to the steering box.

Save your time and money and do it the right way the first time. Do a suspension lift. A body lift looks good on the street, but really doesn't do much offroad. Anyway you'll wind up snaping off every body bolt to get them off, and if your doing that, you better get a body mount kit(poly) while your doing it. Thats just my opinion thought.

thanks for the help,my ute is 12/78 but they are all simular.i am trying to work out the easiest/quickest way that i can get 35inch tyres under the body with out too much trouble ive already got a 2.5inch lift kit in it but want a little more so i was going for the body lift,maybe ill have to do a spring over (but thats more time off the road and more money) :( may have to get rid off some thing like the wife and kids lol ;)

trimmming
lots of trimming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom