Body lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where can i get a body lift kit, thats around 1" or so.
thanks for any help.

i believe that FJAfrica made his own body lift, shoot him a PM.

also, just look on sor, ccot, and jto. most of those places should have em.

malphrus

i made a 1.5" body lift for mine. used 2" round steel and drilled a 9/16 ( i think) hole thru the center. you'll need 8 of these. then you need a spacer for the front. i used an energy suspension bushing kit in between the spacers and the body. go to the hardware store and get longer bolt and there you have it.

check out www.4wheelparts.com look in the body lift section they have replacement blocks in 1in. 2in. 3in. sizes and for mini (smaller around) and full size (larger around, more common) they range from around $1.99 to $2.99 each you just have to buy the bolts get at least grade 5, and you will need a few pieces of tube steel in what ever size lift you go, you need a piece for under your front bib mount and some for under your steps. i got mine from the scrap pile at work. cost nothing. good luck!

If i do the 1" body lift and a 4" suspension, will I be able to fit
34"X12.5"x15" SuperSwamper Truxus MudTerrain Radials, And does anyone know how good these tires are, its either these or same size MickeyThompson BajaClaw Radial.
Thanks

Just get extended shackles. While your doing it, make sure they are geasable so that don't stick on you.

MAF and some of the other outfits sell "kits"...

If you are going to be making your own, or using the generic spacers found in many lift kits, I would recomend upgrading the size and strenght of the fastener to a 1/2" grade five minimum, if not grade eight, and metal locking nuts, as you really do not want things comming loose on you, and even if you use lock nuts, re-check the body bolts as things can shift and settle. The last thing you want is a loose body...

On the trucks that I have done a body lift on, I use 1/2" grade eight fine thread bolts and metal locking nuts, with the genaric spacers, and made up a spacer for the front bib.

Good luck!

-Steve

You don't need the BL to fit those tires-and yes they are good tires-got two buddies that run them.
(I prefer TSL radials-better wear but louder and worse on wet pavement)

well im really not doing the body lift for the tires, im mostly doing it as an "experiment". casue when I was looking at the body the rear sill plate was rotting and so was the 1/4's. I was thinking if I lift the body up even a half inch so this way there was no dirt/mud/water working its way inbetween the body and the frame to cause it to rot. Im not saying itll work, but im gunna try it anyway.
CRUISINGA- how do the Trxus do in the mud, I mainly do mud and sand, its not important to me about the ware too much, im gunna get anothe truck as my daily driver a couple months after this truck. Thanks

Could you use a 1" body lift and raise the driveline an inch also to get a flat bottom?
Would you even need a 1" lift?

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=13503;start=msg125379#msg125379 date=1080005703]
You don't need the BL to fit those tires-and yes they are good tires-got two buddies that run them.
(I prefer TSL radials-better wear but louder and worse on wet pavement)
[/quote]

I've heard you can fit 35"x12.5s with a 4" suspension lift. Is this true?

giddyup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom