1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body Lift

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Fantom, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Fantom

Fantom

Albums:
    Hey,
    So I have decided to do a body lift on my truck, I already have a Belton 2.5" suspension lift. Don't want SOA because The suspension is only a couple years old, I haul a lot of tools and I noticed that most SOA are a bit tippy. I love the suspension I have now but I need a little more clearance.
    I decided to go with 1.5" and already have made the spacers out of aluminum round stock (2.5"-3.5" Diam.), drilled and ready.
    Only thing missing is the bolts, I have already thought about the shroud and the fan, e-brake cable, steering (I hope won't need modifying).
    Any suggestions?
    Any one else done this to theirs.
    If you want to see the pics of it now check out the link below.
    Thanks

2. vorno_18

vorno_18

did it to mine a few months back, took of teh fan and shroud and fitted a thermo fan setup, was easy enough, disconnected the ebrake cable mounts and zippy tied, it was tight when i lifted it and this way is prefectly fine, all brake lines are fine, the line to the charcoal canister (dont no if you have these) needs to be lengthened and make the 4wd shifter floor hole a little larger

3. Rig of Mortis

Rig of Mortis

Media:
    Albums:
    I used to have a 2.5" body lift in my rig and I ended up using threaded rod for bolts without ever having any issues(dispite what I'd heard about people saying it would snap, I figured having 10 anchor points should work and it did), However, I've never been a fan of body lifts, I just needed the clearence for 35s at the time.

When I did my Spring Over I left the body lift in, and with the 37s I grew acustom to having the room in the wheel wells, but I opted for gaining the height with lift springs and removing the body lift. When I received my lift springs and installed them, I ran out of shop time and was forced to drive around for a little while with both the body lift and a 3" lift spring on a sprung over vehicle... What is that, about 11.5" of lift on 37s? yeah, great.

I eventually removed the body lift and was able to once again use proper bolts instead of the threaded rod (I came across a brand new jeep TJ which had just installed a body lift, therefore I scooped all the bolts and bushings as alot of mine were rotten.

The only real mod I had to do was heat up with a torch and bend my shifters to clear the body and redrill/move my fan shroud.

Good luck, and here are a couple of photos with the body lift in with lift springs and SOA - goofy tall.

PS. You've built a REALLY nice bumper.
    Nicholas-83-BJ60-climbing.jpg Nicholas-83-BJ60.jpg scotchy scotch scotch.jpg

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  4. brokenparts

brokenparts

I just put a 1inch BL on my 60 and other than moving the fan shroud there wasnt much more to do other than unbolting, jacking one side up, inserting the spacers, doing the other side and bolting it back together. If you pre-PB blaster the nuts and bolts a week earlier it takes about a long after noon to do.

I like the stance of the cruiser after the lift too. Didnt effect anyting except gaining some more wheel well space.

5. Fantom

Fantom

Albums:
    Guys, thank you for your input and advice. It is a fairly simple project but anytime I remove two large pieces like the body off the frame I like to get a second opinion from others.
    Again thanks.
    P.S.
    Rig of Mortis, I have seen your 60 on this site in various stages - nice rig!

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">