Body lift? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curious if anyone else has found this true? I'd like to do a mild body lift and could do it in either material. Does AL really have a potential for squeaking? Are they not torqued down when installing and they just float?

No squeaks or noise so far, over a year of relatively hard use. TTs pucks are aluminum. I'd think that the shifting itself was the problem, not the material used.

I’ve been running 275/70 r18s for 100k miles now. I really want to try something new. I feel like I make it through most everything I do off road, but there are plenty of times where I’m scraping through. I think Sopresso’s current set up sounds very appealing.

My question is, with the 1” body lift, did you still need to hammer the pinch welds to run the 305/70 18s? If not, would you need to with a 1/2” body lift?

The 1/2" looks like nice bang for buck without added headaches of the 1" from the various threads I found.

Anyone running on the lx470?

I’ve been running 275/70 r18s for 100k miles now. I really want to try something new. I feel like I make it through most everything I do off road, but there are plenty of times where I’m scraping through. I think Sopresso’s current set up sounds very appealing.

My question is, with the 1” body lift, did you still need to hammer the pinch welds to run the 305/70 18s? If not, would you need to with a 1/2” body lift?

Not "need" per se, but I did it anyway. At full stuff and some turn, I still got some rubbing. I could have gotten more lift out of the torsion bars, but it just rides better when they're not maxed. Depends on how hard you run your setup.

The 1/2" looks like nice bang for buck without added headaches of the 1" from the various threads I found.

Anyone running on the lx470?

Not a direct answer, but the 1" from TT has been 100% fine, no issues at all. On an LX.

Question - I have frame-mounted WKOR sliders. I don't necessarily want to yank them off if I don't have to to get to the pinch welds to lift the body up when I put in my lift pucks. Once the body is unbolted on one side, are there any spots anyone has found on the unibody (that aren't the regular lift points) to lift from without bending crap up?

Question - I have frame-mounted WKOR sliders. I don't necessarily want to yank them off if I don't have to to get to the pinch welds to lift the body up when I put in my lift pucks. Once the body is unbolted on one side, are there any spots anyone has found on the unibody to lift from without bending crap up?

Just drop a piece of 2x6 on top of your jack and you can lift from anywhere. I found it easiest to lift near the puck for each of the locations that got one.......... I didn't remove sliders.

All sliders are frame mounted :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom