Body gaskets

landtank

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Website
landtankproducts.com
I searched some time ago and don’t remember finding anything on these so I bought some 1/16” neoprene and got busy.

The trigger was that my left directional wasn’t blinking which turned out not to have a ground wire. When I remove the signal I found it bolted straight to the fender. That was the start of things for this.

I’ve got a precision cad cutting table so it is a nice break from the grease of this hobby.

Since starting with the signal lights I moved on to the door hinges and the hood hinges are next. And suggestions where to go next are greatly appreciated.
7244371E-F199-48E7-A3DF-B9AAEFA7D36B.jpeg
8D85B143-449F-4080-AE0E-D0E32F99D852.jpeg
BD8FA0CB-5C8A-4910-92F7-4FF6930040AC.jpeg
86788E69-F8CC-43AF-9A0B-11F668B14D7F.jpeg
AB63F45E-1192-4838-BC23-0388EC5E77AB.jpeg
493C760D-9D71-4384-9FB9-5A9D2FBFB303.jpeg
DFBB1727-C512-4578-9E1F-35392F43CBF0.jpeg
90CDBBC4-8D97-4EAB-AB3E-B83725E9038B.jpeg

77mustard40

SILVER Star
Rick are you going to be making and selling these? I’d be interested in the front turn signals.

landtank

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Website
landtankproducts.com
I can easily make these and sell them but it would have to be a simplified purchase. Meaning I create a nested layout of all the gaskets and then cut and pachage all together and sell it all as a set.

So right now I’m thinking turn signals, front doors, ambulance doors, side view mirrors , hood hinges. That would be around 45.00 plus 6.00 postage.

I have a 1980 FJ40 and could add other variants but would need the part to ptotype from.

@82FJ40EVV was 3D printing these awhile back. Maybe he still is.View attachment 3086291View attachment 3086292
@fjc-man thanks for the shout out. Yes I still make and sell the gaskets too. Lots of members are running them on their cruisers. What I did different was design them on a CAD system and 3d print them with TPU, a rubber like product. My version has a uniform raised lip on the outside so the signal base "clicks" into place and doesn't move around. I charge $22.50 for the set with free shipping in the US. I make all the other hinge pieces too but there is another guy on the forum that has been making them out of neoprene for years so I don't sell mine because I didn't want to step on his toes and nobody is getting rich off these anyway. That said, I am a free market kind of guy and don't begrudge anyone that does. I little competition yields better products & more choices for the consumer.

landtank

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Website
landtankproducts.com
@fjc-man thanks for the shout out. Yes I still make and sell the gaskets too. Lots of members are running them on their cruisers. What I did different was design them on a CAD system and 3d print them with TPU, a rubber like product. My version has a uniform raised lip on the outside so the signal base "clicks" into place and doesn't move around. I charge $22.50 for the set with free shipping in the US. I make all the other hinge pieces too but there is another guy on the forum that has been making them out of neoprene for years so I don't sell mine because I didn't want to step on his toes and nobody is getting rich off these anyway. That said, I am a free market kind of guy and don't begrudge anyone that does. I little competition yields better products & more choices for the consumer.
they look really nice! Are they UV resistant ?

landtank

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Website
landtankproducts.com
Thanks. Yes, they are UV resistant. I have had them baking in the 100+ degree sun and -30 winters for years now. I am pretty sure they will out live me.
I looked up the material you spec'd and it seemed it wasn't UV resistant. Mind sharing the exact filament you are printing with?

DuckBone

SILVER Star
I can easily make these and sell them but it would have to be a simplified purchase. Meaning I create a nested layout of all the gaskets and then cut and pachage all together and sell it all as a set.

So right now I’m thinking turn signals, front doors, ambulance doors, side view mirrors , hood hinges. That would be around 45.00 plus 6.00 postage.

I have a 1980 FJ40 and could add other variants but would need the part to ptotype from.
I’d be interested in a set. I like the idea of selling them as a package.

landtank

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Website
landtankproducts.com
So I have had a few inquires and have to say there has been a delay in progress. I am not knowing those things FJ40 and found myself having a reinforced driver side body mount for the driver side ambulance door but not one for the passengers side. So there has been a pause for waiting on my machinist to provide a nut plate for the passenger side side. More knowing people might be able to give a more in depth answer and I'll leave that to them.

Updates to come

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom