BMW Driver's side on off switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I thought I saw somewhere where it talked about needing to install an on/off switch for a BMW seat because it has a timer and won't work properly. I know that to be true. Does anyone have picture and a parts list? I was going to have Torfab do it for me, but they can't fit me in when I am home. Thanks

Hi all. I thought I saw somewhere where it talked about needing to install an on/off switch for a BMW seat because it has a timer and won't work properly. I know that to be true. Does anyone have picture and a parts list? I was going to have Torfab do it for me, but they can't fit me in when I am home. Thanks

I can't remember exactly where I posted all the seat info, but yes...the driver side will give you 15 seconds to adjust the seat, then it removes power from the seat controls. To reset/restore power you have interrupt the power to the seat for 2 minutes. When you return power to the seat, you have another 15 seconds. I leave the switch off all the time until I want to adjust the seat, then turn if off when adjustment is complete. This way it will be ready for me without a wait in most cases. In the post below you can see I used simple mounting tape to put the switch in a convenient place. Works like a champ.

The passenger side seat does not have the timer. It's available at all times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom