Bluetooth madness with iPhone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KLF

Frame waxer
SILVER Star
Threads
Trying to figure this one out. I'm not an Apple/iPhone person, and don't intend to start comparing Apple vs Android. But this is pissing me off and makes me want their products even less.

I have a Google Pixel 6. GF has an older iPhone, I think a 7. Every time she gets into the truck ('15 LC) with her phone, it takes over the Bluetooth connection. I have never actually gone through the connection/pairing process, it somehow latched on and injected itself into the system on it's own, both phone and audio. It is not the first device in the list, but always takes over. I have even Deleted the connection from the system, but the next time, yup there it is back, and it is the primary device. If I want to listen to my music or use my phone handsfree, I have to re-connect my phone.

I don't mind that her phone is also allowed to connect, as she does use my truck occasionally (and really loves it), but why is it always taking over, even when my phone was the last one connected and in the truck with me?

Because in auto industry, iPhone rules. iPhones will always have faster/better connection, better folder arrangement, better playlist organization, etc, whether by way of USB connection or BT.

Even when it comes to Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Apple is ahead.

Best thing…on her phone, go to Settings, then Bluetooth…find the car name…clock the “i” icon next to name of car, and then Disconnect or Forget this device.

Or it could be that your Pixel 6 has bad/unreliable BT connection…Google and BT connections share a common history of issues in all their phones, dating back to Nexus.

Because in auto industry, iPhone rules. iPhones will always have faster/better connection, better folder arrangement, better playlist organization, etc, whether by way of USB connection or BT.

Even when it comes to Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Apple is ahead.

Best thing…on her phone, go to Settings, then Bluetooth…find the car name…clock the “i” icon next to name of car, and then Disconnect or Forget this device.

Or it could be that your Pixel 6 has bad/unreliable BT connection…Google and BT connections share a common history of issues in all their phones, dating back to Nexus.
Thanks, but that's not helpful, and probably not even factual.

Magtigers suggesting of forgetting the device is probably the best way to completely remove it. I believe with entune regardless of where it is on the list, you can set one as a favorite so it will always take priority. Check that. If all else fails you can reset the infotainment to factory defaults...

We tried the "forget" thing with her phone. It just re-pairs on it's own the next time.

How can a device automatically pair itself to a host, without the host being in "pairing" mode?

My Google phone has always worked fine, no issues, with this car or others. Seems to me the iPhone is being the problem here.

Just turn off the iPhone BT before starting the truck.

We tried the "forget" thing with her phone. It just re-pairs on it's own the next time.

How can a device automatically pair itself to a host, without the host being in "pairing" mode?

My Google phone has always worked fine, no issues, with this car or others. Seems to me the iPhone is being the problem here.
How many devices are on the iPhone?

Thanks, but that's not helpful, and probably not even factual.
Actually, with all due respect, what i wrote IS indeed factual. But hey, if you want to be in denial and say that Android rocks in the car, then more power to you. The fact that your GF’s iPhone is priority over your P6 should tell you something….

Actually, with all due respect, what i wrote IS indeed factual. But hey, if you want to be in denial and say that Android rocks in the car, then more power to you. The fact that your GF’s iPhone is priority over your P6 should tell you something….
Not just the auto industry. In tech apps are optimized for iOS more than Android. The budget available goes way more into iOS development and optimization than android sadly.

It isn't factual. This happens in my wifes IS350 as well between our phones, both being Galaxy S22's. We have not been able to figure out why. I just turn my bluetooth off if need be.

Last edited:
Not directly related but…

Notice the common theme. Connection woes are a norm when using Android with car infotainment.

And it is worst when you connect via USB. This has always been true from day one.

Bluetooth is supposed to connect from top down, so check to see if the wife's phone is listed first in the bluetooth settings, if so remove and add where it's listed after your phone.

Other folks having same issue:

Bluetooth is supposed to connect from top down, so check to see if the wife's phone is listed first in the bluetooth settings, if so remove and add where it's listed after your phone.
Yeah that's what I figured, and it's always #2 (my phone is #1). I deleted her phone again, and it just re-pairs on it's own, in position #2.

I know the system only allows 5 devices, so I actually considered finding 4 other "dummy" devices to fill the spots so the iPhone is denied. But there are times when she needs the connection. We just can't get it to play nice.

@Madtiger welcome to my Ignore list.

That’s strange, my wife’s phone (iPhone) never pairs with my radio and her Bluetooth is on as well. The difference is she has never paired it to my truck either.

All is well in my Miata, which only has factory Bluetooth for the hands-free phone. I haven't paired her phone and it stays that way. I have a Firefly Bluetooth receiver in that car for music, and it also works perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom