Bluetooth adapter for 30pin iPhone connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2008 has the optional iPhone cable (30pin) and I can play music from my original iPhone.

I bought a cheap 30pin Bluetooth adaptor and tried streaming from my Android but without success. The car doesn't recognize the adapter (it powers up fine, I can connect to it but can't select it in the stereo).

I was wondering whether someone had some success with any other adapters ? Like maybe the CoolStream CarPro ?

Why not just use the aux cord? I’m guessing you’re just trying to play music, not use Bluetooth for music. Calls are the only thing that is Bluetooth on my 08. Music pauses when I get calls when connected to the aux, and plays when the call is over. Bluetooth music is more convenient than hooking a cord to the aux, but if you want Bluetooth music you will need to add a module like the above.

Why not just use the aux cord? I’m guessing you’re just trying to play music, not use Bluetooth for music. Calls are the only thing that is Bluetooth on my 08. Music pauses when I get calls when connected to the aux, and plays when the call is over. Bluetooth music is more convenient than hooking a cord to the aux, but if you want Bluetooth music you will need to add a module like the above.

I don't have an aux port. If I had that I would just use an aux Bluetooth device.

I'm afraid I might have to resort to using a module like you mention. Still the CoolStream CarPro is advertised as functional in the Land Cruiser 2008 and significant cheaper but I still have some doubts about whether it actually works and probably will need to call the vendor.

Alternatively maybe I can retro fit an aux port ?

I don't have an aux port. If I had that I would just use an aux Bluetooth device.

I'm afraid I might have to resort to using a module like you mention. Still the CoolStream CarPro is advertised as functional in the Land Cruiser 2008 and significant cheaper but I still have some doubts about whether it actually works and probably will need to call the vendor.

Alternatively maybe I can retro fit an aux port ?
Really, you don’t have an aux plug in front of the shifter? I have an aux Bluetooth adapter and don’t like it so I just plug in.

66BA545E-93D8-4038-B249-28024B0AFA21.jpeg

Two things, firstly, I am surprised that your '08 doesn't have and aux port because mine does. Obviously it isn't there but I am surprised because I thought that was standard on all US LC's. Maybe the USB was a factory option and they eliminated the Aux port? Secondly, I am not of the belief that music streaming is available on the '08. I don't think that is possible on your version of Bluetooth but I don't remember why because it was back in '08 when I was getting mine set up.
Is your 30 pin cable in the glove box? I had a choice between USB and Sat radio, as I recollect, and could only chose one or the other. I went with neither, fyi.
Can you get a 30 pin to USB adapter and plug the phone in to that?

I had the VAIStech unit on my 100 and it worked really well. I haven’t checked, but would be really surprised if they didn’t have support for the 200 as most of the Toyota and Lexus systems share the same tech. The VAIStech plugs into the bus and appears like a CD changer, then you just pair with it for audio. Calls still go through the factory Bluetooth, so you’re essentially double-paired.

I had the VAIStech unit on my 100 and it worked really well. I haven’t checked, but would be really surprised if they didn’t have support for the 200 as most of the Toyota and Lexus systems share the same tech. The VAIStech plugs into the bus and appears like a CD changer, then you just pair with it for audio. Calls still go through the factory Bluetooth, so you’re essentially double-paired.
I had the US Spec BT45 on my 100 and it worked good. The earlier 200’s are different animals because we already have Bluetooth calling, just not bluetooth audio for music. And we don’t have an external changer. The only thing I didn’t like about the BT45 was that I had to disable the ability to play cds, not that I played them much at all, but just losing that ability to ever play them again annoyed me.
However, there are options for the early 200’s if the OP wants to go that route, it’s just slightly different than how they work in the 100’s.

I had the US Spec BT45 on my 100 and it worked good. The earlier 200’s are different animals because we already have Bluetooth calling, just not bluetooth audio for music. And we don’t have an external changer. The only thing I didn’t like about the BT45 was that I had to disable the ability to play cds, not that I played them much at all, but just losing that ability to ever play them again annoyed me.
However, there are options for the early 200’s if the OP wants to go that route, it’s just slightly different than how they work in the 100’s.

the VaisTech unit I had allowed for all the stuff to stay running-- CD Changer, satellite, and Bluetooth calling (thru factory bluetooth). the Vaistech showed up as a mini-Disc changer or 2nd CD Changer to the factor system. the early 200's have an almost identical NAV system guts to the late model 100s, so I would expect it to work - maybe up to 2014, but I think consulting Vaistech would be better than us stating hypotheticals.

I received the Car Pro adapter and it works like a charm. I paired it with my phone and all audio is streamed to the car. I only have to select the CD player.

Sound quality is very good - 100x better than the FM transmitter I tried previously.

The adapter:

IMG_20200529_193211.jpg

The CD player screen (obviously not needed to be on display all the time)

IMG_20200529_193258.jpg

I received the Car Pro adapter and it works like a charm. I paired it with my phone and all audio is streamed to the car. I only have to select the CD player.

Sound quality is very good - 100x better than the FM transmitter I tried previously.

The adapter:

View attachment 2323085

The CD player screen (obviously not needed to be on display all the time)

View attachment 2323086
what cable did you use for the end on the land cruiser CD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom