Blueberry VS ARB Full bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a bit of a dilemma that I'm looking for some advice on from others with a bit more experience.

Let me preface, this is more a thought than a full on "lets make it happen."
I currently own a Slee Blueberry and I am over the moon with the over engineered design and construction of the bumper.
I have never had a second thought winching from this bumper and I appreciate that a ton.

BUT...

I find myself curious of the ARB full bar, due to the fog lights and more straight forward mounting options for aftermarket lights (my 01 LX Headlights are abysmal).
However, I don't want to sacrifice overall construction of the bumper for a bit more light.

There are a ton of threads that claim the approach angle is severely worse with the ARB vs the Slee.
I don't need a crazy amount of approach angle but I do enjoy pushing the truck from time to time.

Am I crazy for considering the swap?
Any advice is welcomed especially from those with experience with both bumpers.

Pic of the truck...because we all enjoy looking at them.

IMG_2234.JPG

Last edited:
Swapping your headlights to HIDs (hit up @Luke111) will do wonders. Everywhere, everyday kind usefulness, especially as we approach fall/winter.

And yeah, the approach angle on the ARB is abysmal in comparison. But hey, if you wanna swap bumpers...:rofl:

I guess it all depends on your intended use. I really did consider the blueberry but I went with ironman 4x4 classic bumper because where I camp there is a lot of deer and elk. I don't mind losing some approach and departure angle if it means my front becomes a better ram.

PXL_20200905_225631452.jpg

I went with ARB because my primary concern was animal strikes and I wanted a full bull bar. Yes, approach angle is not as good as some lower profile options, but it's still a big improvement over stock. I'm also very satisfied with the fit, finish and construction of the ARB.

That said, if I already had a Slee, I wouldn't change it. They're fantastic bumpers and a cut above most other options. 👍

Get an ARB. Sell me your Blueberry. I'm making deliveries from Atlanta into Nola and surrounding areas with supplies to those in need. Purvis isn't much of a detour...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom