******* Blue Ridge Parkway ride Oct 21-23 ******* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Second signature event UC hosts and this one is right at peak leaf season. Steve and I met with the forestry service about the parking issues up there. We have come to an agreement that we will be doing maintenance on the trail up there so we can keep our last real trail open. It requires moving the existing gate and erecting a few new ones to keep people off some of the sensitive areas. Needless to say when we go up Friday we will be opening it back up!

On another note the whole road is under a lot of pressure to shut down. So from now on we won't speak of the location by name. You will be asked to not share it's location with friends. If the word got out about this place it would eventually get shut down. We have to be respectful of the hikes on the trails even if they are not. Shutting your truck off and allowing them to pass like you would horses is a very good idea. Any trash you see on the trail stop and pick it up. It's our responsibility now so lets take care of it.

So if you're planning to attend please state how many are coming and what nights you're staying.

1. Marshall +3 both nights
2. Chris Eby
3. Teddy
4. Erik +1
5. Eric
6. Steve +3
7. Jeff T
8. John and Sarah

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it....Im in.

I'm in.

I am in....maybe not for taking my 80 on the trail.....Will look to ride with someone!

If there is enough interest i can do another t-shirt.....give me a "like" if you would like to have a t-shirt for this event.

I'm in also. Will be taking 73 this time.for both nights

Last edited:
Heard great things about this trip....looking at my calendar now.

I'm in. Friday is questionable, but Saturday is good. I'm glad you moved it back!

Cool ,I'll bring your shirt.

I may be there Saturday night, taking the boy up to Camp
Old Indian for cub scouts Friday night. Should be done around noon, have to see how things go Saturday afternoon.

It's on the calendar and the wife agrees. We'll be camping (myself + 5 (1 other adult, and 4 under 10)

Last edited:
Saw Marshall this afternoon & he has some great news to share regarding this as he & @aquatech3 met with park rangers last Friday about opening up the top of BB for camping!

It's on the calendar and the wife agrees. We'll be camping (myself + 5 (1 other adult, and 4 under 10)

Fall break vacation has taken it's toll on the finances, plus limited my ability to get the truck ready, so I'm going to have to back out. One day...

Sarah and I are coming. What's the schedule and stuff?

Schedule is to drive in after lunch on Friday. Steve and I will be in charge of moving barricade. Once moved we can park. If you want to go ahead and stake a spot before we get there please do. Someone has built a nice rock ring up there now. Depending on wind we may have a fire. You will be on your own Friday and Saturday night. I will bring the big stove so don't worry about having to bring one. Saturday after breakfast if those of us that want we will caravan out and up to Pisgah inn for lunch. Thats about it. At some point we will do some trail maintenance.

Sounds great. I will most likely not arrive until Saturday morning. Have a few things to take care of here.

Just an FYI as usual it looks like we will be getting some weather including possible rain, 30 mph winds and temps in the 30's at night so be prepared! I will have the new Teepee set up for shelter so hopefully it will be enjoyable no matter what the conditions.

Looking forward to see the teepee in action up there .what did you go with as the center pole .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom