SOLD Blue Ridge (NW) Georgia 1988 FJ62 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
PRICE: $22,500 OBO

Mileage
VIN
JT3FJ62G0J0082709
Title Status

Clean (GA)
Seller
DBailey
Engine
4.0L I6 F
Drivetrain
4WD/AWD
Transmission
Automatic (4-Speed)

Body Style

4 DOOR WAGON / SPORT UTILITY
Exterior Color
Metallic Gray
Interior Color - Tan

THIS... is a 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser, finished in Metallic Gray with a tan interior.

• Southern owned for its entire life this totally rust free example has a perfect clean CARFAX having been owned by four families in its thirty four year history.. Originally sold in Tallahassee Florida in February of 1988 it remained with that original family through 269,000 miles until August of 2003. In October of 2003 it was purchase by a physician in Dothan AL and it remained in their family until May of 2018 at which time they sold it to a co-worker in Dothan after having only added 11,000 miles during their ownership. The LC remained in Dothan with the new owner until I purchased it moved to it to north Georgia in March of 2022 with only just over 3000 miles having been added to the odometer during the preceding four years. I bought the vehicle as an interim fill in while I completed a restoration on an older pickup.
  • Equipment includes: Its original engine and transmission 15-inch wheels, manually-locking front hubs, new cloth upholstery, a split rear hatch, air conditioning, rear heat, power door locks, , and windows, and more as detailed below.
  • A partial list of modifications reported by the seller includes: An Old Man Emu suspension with a 2” lift and steering stabilizer; ; Almost new 31x10.50 BF Goodrich AT tires mounted on the original 15 inch chrome wheels; an ARS Front Bumper with a Warn m8000 winch plus HELLA driving lights; a 2-inch towing receiver, 3M window tint, an aftermarket stereo with Android and Apple Car Play: new front door speakers,.
  • The 60-Series was Toyota's second generation of Land Cruiser station wagon and was intended to be more comfortable than the earlier FJ55 models while retaining the Land Cruiser's traditional off-road capabilities. The FJ62 succeeded the FJ60 model and was produced from 1988 to 1990 before being replaced by the 80-Series Land Cruiser.
  • Power comes from a fuel-injected "3F-E" 4.0-liter inline-6, rated at 155 horsepower and 220 lb-ft of torque. Output is sent to the rear or all four wheels through a 4-speed automatic transmission and 2-speed transfer case.

Equipment

• 15-inch wheels
  • Manually-locking front hubs
  • Power steering
  • Cloth upholstery
  • Reclining front bucket seats
  • Fold-flat rear bench seat
  • Split rear hatch
  • Air conditioning
  • Rear heat
  • Power door locks and windows
Modifications

• Factory Class 1 towing hitch with a 2” adapter receiver
  • 3M window tint
  • Pioneer 200 EX Stereo (w/ Android & Apple Car Play
  • Aftermarket front door speakers
  • Yakima Roof Bars

Known Flaws

• Two small dents in the passenger side rear door (shown in gallery)
  • Some paint chips around the exterior (shown in gallery)
  • Small section of sun deterioration on top of driver’s door panel
  • Fading on center console hatch
  • Scratches on the cargo area plastics
  • Cargo area carpet worn and discolored
  • Rear seat and tailgate carpet scuffed
  • The seller reports that the engine leaks a few drops of oil when parked.
  • Some fading of the roof top paint as documented in the pictures
  • Fading and wear in the carpet overall
  • Right rear door window occasionally will not raise on the door switch. Will always raise on the master panel switch.
  • Rubber window guides in the front doors need replacing
the most recent service items include new:

Sun visors
Hitch Adapter
Sun Visor clips
Frost door speakers
R&R Front windshield and Gasket
Window Tint
R&R Wiper Arms and Blades
. Additional service history is available in excel format from the seller.

Other Items Included in Sale

• 2 keys
  • Original Owner's manual
  • Rubber floor mats

Ownership History

The seller purchased this Toyota in March of 2022.

Video
LC Feature 1.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_20220222_171731713_BURST000_COVER.JPG

IMG_20220222_171952413.JPG

Can you post or send me more pictures of the interior? It looks like the sears have been recovered? Is that correct. You can reach me at 252-341-1630. - Bailey Melvin. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom