Blue hub fan clutch worth it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just purchased the truck about a month ago and am sorting out typical stuff and beginning the baseline process
Original temp gauge, runs at about the 2/3rds mark. Has not have an overheat moment but it operates on the warm side of normal. Have yet to do a chemical flush to see where it settles out.
Air conditioner slowly warms at idle and clutch is weak
Just all part of the obsession
I get the obsession part. When I replaced my engine, I went ahead and replaced my radiator with a Ron Davis unit. Overkill? Yeah, but I've had great experiences with RD products in the past. I wasn't having any overheating issues with the old raddy, but it was the original and I decided to upgrade while I was in there. I decided to wait and see how things worked before doing the fan clutch mod. Haven't had any issues so far, and it gets plenty hot here.

Going to address the front end leaks via the front main and oil pump gasket and it makes sense to change out the 250k fan clutch at the same time

I have a new OEM ordered but am seeking opinions on whether the blue hub is worth the change

And if so, where do you purchase one?

Live in the Midwest, plenty of heat stress during the summer months, light towing (motorcycle trailer)

Thanks
Every penny of it! You won't regret it.
I put mine a while back and...yeah! it makes a difference...for as long the entire cooling system is in good shape
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom