Blue Fan Clutch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Why not simply add heavier weight oil to the stock unit?

case-closed-gif.gif

So in all seriousness all one really needs to do is put heavier weight oil (aka tune) in the stock fan clutch and you enjoy the same benefits as the “tuned” blue?

So in all seriousness all one really needs to do is put heavier weight oil (aka tune) in the stock fan clutch and you enjoy the same benefits as the “tuned” blue?
Since you're rollin' a 94, I bet you have the black hub clutch too. Bonus!
2017-03-23 11.39.18 (1).jpg

not to get into the nitty gritty but a tuned clutch will give better AC performance during idle and slow speed and it's a one tune fits all set up. In other words you don't have to speculate where you are going to be and how hot it will get to pick the proper weight oil.

IMG_7566.JPG

IMG_7555.JPG

IMG_7554.JPG

Just like baking cookies I put mine in the oven on 200 in a pyrex upside down. Measured what came out. Put same back in.

If Philips won't come out, hit with torch then PB Blaster then Impact.

Is there a benefit to using heavier weights like 15k or 30k?

not to get into the nitty gritty but a tuned clutch will give better AC performance during idle and slow speed and it's a one tune fits all set up. In other words you don't have to speculate where you are going to be and how hot it will get to pick the proper weight oil.
If I recall correctly from the long thread that discussed the evolution of this mod, the balancing act is to let the fan slip when the engine isn't hot (better mileage) and roar when the engine is hot (better cooling). Landtank's modded clutches are set to start pulling air where he feels they should start; and pull hard where he thinks they should pull hard.

If you fill your clutch with super thick fluid, it will pull all the time. I suppose I could try to find his longer thread. It tells you how to mod yours, if you prefer to DIY, and has lots of feedback from people who tried different weights of fluid (and mixes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom