Blue cruiser rare? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The 96 that I recently bought is the same blue as the newer toyota cars, darkish blue with metallic reflective materials mixed in. To date I have yet to see or come across any other blue landcruisers. Are these rare or is this some sort of fluke. For what it's worth it looks pretty nice which is what caught my eye in the first place.
Just curious if anyone knows about rare colors that toyota came out with.
-Chris

I've seen a few dark blue 80s, but there aren't too many of them.

check out an older post from cdan on what colors were avail what years. Blue was only offered for a short period. Unfortunately they wasted a lot of 80's by painting them birdcrap white. :flipoff2:

dammit junk,thats at least two recent posts puttin down white cruisers!!

see my avatar,i must take offense haha!!!

seriously,white is the absolute best color for a cruiser!!!!!!

doug

We had one(blue 96) for a while last summer(connie picked it up from work) it was the 1st one I had seen, now there are 3 in town, ours is now in Cali being driven by a 19 year old hottie :D

I would think there are a few more blue 80's than black 80's........and I have only seen 1(maybe 2) black 80's. white/green/red thats 75% of what I see, not many desert dunes(love that) alot of the early 80's around here were either 2 tone(a few different versions) or white or red

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=2;threadid=5219;start=msg40762#msg40762 date=1063420007]
ours is now in Cali being driven by a 19 year old hottie :D[/quote]
? 'splain please. :flipoff2:

[quote author=96Cruiser link=board=2;threadid=5219;start=msg40746#msg40746 date=1063417934]
dammit junk,thats at least two recent posts puttin down white cruisers!!

see my avatar,i must take offense haha!!!

seriously,white is the absolute best color for a cruiser!!!!!!

doug
[/quote]

C'mon. You must be the only one that reads my posts. :flipoff2: White is cool because it makes mine look that much better. :flipoff2:

I just picked one up on wedsday a "Plain Jane" 96 with none of that add on junk like running boards,roof rack,tow hitch,
sunroof wind deflector .
But it does have this cool little knob just to the left of the steering wheel though :D :D :D :D :D :D
oh and for Junk :flipoff2:

[quote author=Koffer link=board=2;threadid=5219;start=msg40771#msg40771 date=1063421127]
...But it does have this cool little knob just to the left of the steering wheel though :D :D :D :D :D :D[/quote]

Why don't you come over here and shine my knob. :flipoff2: Now you need to buy my 36's so we can drag your butt through voodoo and a few others. :flipoff2: Want 1-1/2 siderails for it? :p :flipoff2:

Want 1-1/2 siderails for it?
Nope I already have a set for my 70 :'( :flipoff2:

yeah, but mine are special. they are supposed to handle the hard stuff. :flipoff2:

I may have to get some help from you this week with measurements of your ladder. You got any decent pics? I've gone through every one I can find. I have a butt load of your frickin 70 and nary a one with the frickin ladder. :'( :flipoff2:

::)
1408733-thumb.jpg

1417240-thumb.jpg

1394017-thumb.jpg

1411130-thumb.jpg

1382461-thumb.jpg

1378371-thumb.jpg

1383636-thumb.jpg

1406084-thumb.jpg

1364564-thumb.jpg

1382030-thumb.jpg

:eek:
White is less likely to show scratches. :)
1345627-thumb.jpg
1345699-thumb.jpg

But I like the look of this colour. :flipoff2:

Jonathan - why don't you see if you can post some smaller pictures. :flipoff2:

WTF dude, how am I supposed to frickin see that crap? :flipoff2:

Now back on topic -

I've got a 95 with the blue "mica" flakes but actually I like the gun-metal blue better (like Semlin has). See Junk - that's how to be nice and neighborly.

Well, my fiance wanted an X-5 4.4i but I think I've talked her into a Landcruiser (which she had once before!)
Now, she wants a black one so hopefully I can find one. I've seen only one black toyota (driven by a very attractive lady I might add) and the others were all Lexus models. Hopefully we can find one or else she'll probably take mine and leave me with a different color or something!

You will find black in two different forms, all black and a version with chrome door handles and mirror heads.

The all black was produced between 1-96 and 7-96

The black/chrome was produced between 5-96 an 7-96

Fairly rare color, good luck in your search.

D-

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=5219;start=msg40846#msg40846 date=1063463060]
You will find black in two different forms, all black and a version with chrome door handles and mirror heads.

The all black was produced between 1-06 and 7-06

The black/chrome was produced between 5-06 an 7-06

Fairly rare color, good luck in your search.

D-

black with the chome(handles and mirrors) is what I have seen in town.

I picked up a set of brand new chrome mirrors last year for $35(or something like that), was gonna paint em black but kinda grew fond of the bling bling look on my beater :)

[/quote]

Bling and "pimp" do sorta go togther, don't they? ::)

I think you otta sell me the green 40, that is way too ugly for you ;)

Beautiful Bloo. :D

I parked next to a 97 anniversary edition at Sams in Dallas about two hours ago. Having just read this thread last night, I checked the color and noticed it was black.
But when I came back out with sunglasses off, I realized it was deep, dark blue with metallic flecks. Really a striking color that I had never noticed before!

LT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom