Builds Ole Blue 60 gets a fresh start- EFI and more (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you don't mind the fumes, just leave it as is. I'm hoping you document the injection system on this thread, port identification and such. Great work so far!

Sorry I wigged out on the mention of the VCV......

Sorry I wigged out on the mention of the VCV......
Ha! I know the feeling.
Supply red arrow.

IMG_7029.JPG

IMG_7026.JPG

i may have skimmed over it, but can you use the stock intake and air cleaner in the stock config with the AFI kit?

*if you can score a 4 Plus adapter. I think they are sold out at the moment. It's worth an email.

I have been reading all the sob stories since I bought your kit. Man, sounds awful really. That s*** may sit in my shop for a long time.

I know you have thought about this....I don't agree with the guys that say leave that in there and box the frame because I don't want that cooking in there but why not cut this crap out and THEN box it. I guess if MR Toyota deemed this the strongest option then its the best way.

I wish I had the energy to cut drain holes in the bottom of this frame. I am not much into mud but the design of the frames is just asking for a mess over time.

Well also remember who is really doing this repair. Are they handy with a torch and cut off wheel? Do they even have the right tools or possess the skills to do this job. I'll just leave that right there. ;)

I've done the job a few times and I can drop the tank, cut all the old crap out, coat the frame with anti-rust jizz and have the new channels in and tank back up within 8 hours. But saying that it is a :banana::banana: to :banana::banana::banana: banana job for me so I can see it being a real PITA for someone that doesn't work with steel and cars on a daily basis.

Just saying...

J

At the moment, he's not making anymore. If you can get one used buy it. Otherwise, folks are going to have to figure something out.

I have one in hand if you want to try to get one made.

Very jealous of this build. I have a clean (not as clean as yours) blue 84 that just quit running on me. Wish I had snagged that 3k motor.

Not sure if I'll keep or sell at this point. Need to get it running first.

Excellent work, I'll be following along.

Very jealous of this build. I have a clean (not as clean as yours) blue 84 that just quit running on me. Wish I had snagged that 3k motor.

Not sure if I'll keep or sell at this point. Need to get it running first.

Excellent work, I'll be following along.

When you say it quit running.....is the motor dead? It's pretty hard to kill a 2F. Maybe it's something not as bad as a motor.

The $3000 motor is actually not something that saved me a lot of money. Add $200 shipping and I'm right at what the local machine shop will charge.

I bought this motor to speed up my project. I 100% trust the local shop. Actually more than this big company that built the one I'm getting.

My other motor is still there and in the que to be built. When he calls with the parts list and if it is not going to take major money to rebuild (new head or cam) then I'll likely go ahead and get him to build it, use the big black plastic box and pay it forward to someone that needs a motor.

If it needs major work I'll punt and just sell it for parts.

I'm also sitting on the long block that actually came out of this truck. I've had some people interested in it to do their own rebuild since we know it runs good....just has a bad ring or two.

When you say it quit running.....is the motor dead? It's pretty hard to kill a 2F. Maybe it's something not as bad as a motor.

The $3000 motor is actually not something that saved me a lot of money. Add $200 shipping and I'm right at what the local machine shop will charge.

I bought this motor to speed up my project. I 100% trust the local shop. Actually more than this big company that built the one I'm getting.

My other motor is still there and in the que to be built. When he calls with the parts list and if it is not going to take major money to rebuild (new head or cam) then I'll likely go ahead and get him to build it, use the big black plastic box and pay it forward to someone that needs a motor.

If it needs major work I'll punt and just sell it for parts.

I'm also sitting on the long block that actually came out of this truck. I've had some people interested in it to do their own rebuild since we know it runs good....just has a bad ring or two.

Mine has at least one bad ring, and ran fine with it until a few weeks back. Now won't start. Posted a new thread for that.

Seeing your build make me really want to keep mine going.

I finished the install of the fuel filter and fuel pump supplied with the AFI kit this afternoon.

I separated the fuel lines and cut 12" out of the feed line (bottom line on frame)

I took a 6mm balloon flare tool I got on Amazon and flared the two ends.

IMG_1875.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

I used a Riv Nut to attach the rear of the pump and an unused OEM captive but for the other clamp .

IMG_1881.JPG

It's about to rain and getting my clean underhood wet was really going to hurt my feelings so I set up a tailgate tent

IMG_1881.JPG

I sure hate hose clamps though.

Did you build a shield for yours or run it nekked

Buck nekkid is the only way to go.

Are the diameters close enough to use the factory clamps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom