Builds Ole Blue 60 gets a fresh start- EFI and more (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love the look, One of my main complaints of the LED's are that they don't "look" like stock headlights.

Good option for the Scout build.

Love the look, One of my main complaints of the LED's are that they don't "look" like stock headlights.

Good option for the Scout build.

I like them ok on a 60 but to me they are a little new looking for a 40/55 bit that’s just me.

They throw legit light though. I’ve run them in the past on another truck

That's my problem. I want LIGHT on the Scout. I love the Dapper HID's I have on Bob, but doubt they would look right on the scout. The LED's I have on the 40 look seriosuly wrong, but I that poor thing is not exactly a good example of a 40 anyway..

I'm going to keep looking, but these seem to be the best option so far..

I'll look into that too, thanks Grog..

I run H4 KC housings and Stark LEDs in the 40 and 55. They are way bright not it is not focused and I’m always getting flashed.

I have those in some old Roundeye housings. Super bright and super white, but make me paranoid I’ll get pulled over. Never seem to get flashed though.

High beam is nonexistent, not that you need it.

I would love to go LED or a true HID light, problem is this will never past safety inspection in Virginia.

But they do look damn good. I would be curious how they are in the snow and ice.

The city racer ones are dot/sae stamped.

We bumped to 7* advance. Drove better then we bumped it to 12* and it drove better. No ping.

Looking forward to getting it out for a nice long drive to see if it helped. Feels stronger for sure.

Before adjusting the timing, did you unplug anything or 'tell the computer' - or did you just put a timing light on it and dial in more advance while it was idling? Did it affect idle speed? - wondering if my AFI FJ40 needs this. - thanks - Steve

@FJ60Cam aka Mosley Motors who set up my AFI for me and promptly disappeared before I got the final wiring done came to inspect her a year later during a long-range test on his latest LS 60 project.

He wanted to advance my timing to see if I could get some improved mileage per gallon.

Turns out the timing was set to 0* advance.

We bumped to 7* advance. Drove better then we bumped it to 12* and it drove better. No ping.

Looking forward to getting it out for a nice long drive to see if it helped. Feels stronger for sure.

View attachment 1788027

@wngrog...what size tires are you running on Ole Blue?

Before adjusting the timing, did you unplug anything or 'tell the computer' - or did you just put a timing light on it and dial in more advance while it was idling? Did it affect idle speed? - wondering if my AFI FJ40 needs this. - thanks - Steve

He’s got the DUI computer controlled dizzy - we unplugged the (blue wire?) single-wire plug that they put at the dizzy.

After you plug it back, you’re supposed to turn the truck off for 10+ seconds before restarting.

E5880DFD-8E5E-42B6-8DB7-9C3E2AC4D320.jpeg
95B69327-19F7-4CF4-8AA8-075FC052C273.jpeg

33x10.50-15 KM3

Thanks. The aspect ratio fooled me. From that camera angle it looks narrower than it is in relation to its height...which is taller than I thought. I can't remember what size they were back in the day, but I ran some that had a narrow aspect ratio like that, but not tall. They look like they mean business with that aspect ratio; the kind of tough you find on a farm.

Those look awesome Nolan, was looking at them myself as they are a great price. However, I live in a snowy, icy area so I have a feeling that they would frost up real quick on me during a storm. Hope he comes out with a "heated" version similar to the Truck-Lites.

@nvrlose54 picked me up a used 8274 and delivered it to the Crawl. I wanted to put it on Ole Blue and replace the s***tybuilt that has been on it for 10 years.

It has never failed me but I rarely use it. Sunday I tried to use it to winch a Pig on the trailer and it didn’t work

There’s your sign.......

36B37F72-FBD1-4779-9AD4-9C109907299E.jpeg

So I popped it off and tried to stab the 8274 (alone and I’m old)

I got the winch lifted over the top and it was too wide to fit without pulling the grill.

So I pulled the grill.

Then I lifted it back on and for it to work I’ll have to cut off my powder coated auxiliary light tabs.

F-that. I’ll put this winch on my FJ40.

C84D9DE8-9E31-4E4F-94BF-D7B20F6B8202.jpeg

I’m going to replace it with a Warn. Just not an 8274.

I stole my 4Runner winch and put it on my Pig this week.

Now I have to buy two winches

A134A9AD-07C1-4CA5-8336-A865A5F6A506.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom