Blown Motor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good idea. Like Bryan said, there's a ton of info on it in the 60 series section here on 'Mud, and' I'm pretty sure there's an article or two on the 3FE Yahoo list... I'll try to find a link.

Relatively simple fix, just gotta be careful to not get shavings inside the motor.

Lane,

I can't find the oil galley writeup on the 3FE list. Mitch Rowland had the whole procedure documented with the head off. It was great. At one point it was hosted on the Yankee Toys server by Ken Fletcher, but I don't know where that is either.

KLF, you out there?

The part number for the original plug is 90334-07009.

I have seen some guys put two in, one right on top of the other. The best thing to do is tap it and put a pipe plug in it. I don't think you can do the latter with the head in the chassis.

Look in the 60 section there are multiple write ups with pics of this exact problem and fix with thrreaded plug.

Dynosoar:zilla:

Thanks for the info. I ordered two pulgs from toyota should be in on Tuesday $1.25 a plug. Any special tools needed? I was thinking a hammer would do the trick. I would like a long term solution to the problem but I need to get it back on the road asap. Welding the plug in place sounds like the least time consuming option.

I tell you what that is a small hole. Crazy a $1.25 part could destroy a motor! Thanks for all the help guys.

I would like a long term solution to the problem but I need to get it back on the road asap. Welding the plug in place sounds like the least time consuming option.

I got the new plug in this morning. It's not very difficult to install just a little hard to get to. I had to unplug the #5 wire for ease of access. I used the back side of a dye about the size of the plug to press against it and hit the other end with a hammer. I got it in eventually with short hammer blows.

As far as welding as an option it seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth. The only solution to this problem is to tap the hole and screw in a hex bolt as recommended. I should have just done that instead of waiting for the plug. I just did not want to invest the time if the motor was shot. I will be doing the proper PM on this in the very near future.

Thanks again to all the help.

PART # TOY90334-07009 $1.46
100_2635.jpg

I'm glad it all worked out for you goody, wow that plug is small...

So... this forum just saved you how much time and money? This has to be a near-record save. From a professional shop diagnosed "Blown Motor" to $1.46. Wow.

I'm glad it all worked out for you goody, wow that plug is small...

Thanks Man... I am happy to have the Cruiser back on line. Crazy how small that thing is. Dumped 8qts of oil in half a mile out that little hole!

So... this forum just saved you how much time and money? This has to be a near-record save. From a professional shop diagnosed "Blown Motor" to $1.46. Wow.

Crazy yeah! I wont knock the shop as they never looked at the motor. Just talked to them over the phone. But heck yeah $1.46 to fix this is awesome. This Forum is invaluable and the knowledge on here is amazing I learn something every time I log on.

Cheers :beer:

Crazy yeah! I wont knock the shop as they never looked at the motor. Just talked to them over the phone. But heck yeah $1.46 to fix this is awesome. This Forum is invaluable and the knowledge on here is amazing I learn something every time I log on.

Cheers :beer:

That's why I bought and keep renewing my silver *. This place keeps saving me $$$$s. It costs me $$$$s too in new ideas, toys and PM jobs, but hey, part of that is an entertainment expense.

Nice...got it in post #6, I feel so smart!

And uh, yeah...as long as you have coolant and not water in your engine, blocks NEVER cracked. It's cast-iron man. It will last FOREVER!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom