Blown motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Xpnsv72fj

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm hoping to get a little direction here, one of my friend brought a 100 from a guy with motor noise. The guy was pretty much feed up with it and let him have it for a $1000 buck which I thought was a steal. Anyways after digging into the motor we found out that the shop who just replaced the starter dropped a bolt down the intake and started the car. I'll get pictures up later but the bolt was bouncing around in there pretty good until it finally got stuck in the intake value.

So after all of that my question is what motor do we need to look for? The 4.7's we've seen look like they are production date specific is this correct?

LC was built 8/99

Thanks in advance

Any 4.7 built before 05 should work. LC and lexus 4.7 are direct swap, Tundra and sequoia engines will also work, but some parts need to be swapped.

No variable valve timing and no air injection pump.

Did that LC belong to a mud member? I remember not long ago a guy with that same problem, the shop drop something while replacing the starter.

This is why I work on my own cars when I was old enough to drive. So many bad/lazy/ stupid techs out there. I’m curious to see the carnage that the bolt did, post some pics when you have it.

Did that LC belong to a mud member? I remember not long ago a guy with that same problem, the shop drop something while replacing the starter.

That's the same thing I thought of, really sounds like the same guy.

When was VVTI introduced?

In the 100 series, model year 2006. The 4.7 was also sold in the Tundra, 4Runner, and GX470 so those would be options too. The Tundra got the vvt-i motor in 2005.

You may find these helpful.
What are the differences between 2UZ-fe VVti engines, & where can I get one??
Scored a 2007 Unicorn. The holy grail of 100 series.

Basically any 00-02 LC or LX will be a drop-in, wire harness and all. 89-99 LC or LX you'll want your throttle body. 03-05 LC or LX use your throttle body and both wire harness and starter. Production date in LC or LX after May 05 will not work, those are VVT engine.

Any non VVti 4.7l long block LC, LX, GX, 4runner, Tundra or Sequoia will work but best to use block made in Japan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom