Blowing Coolant and overheating. Blown Head Gasket ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@charx : the stock temp gauge is known to be insensitive until it gets somewhere over 225' F before it moves, so you don't have a lot of warning before the engine is overheating Then consider for example that you're 30 miles between exits when the hose bursts completely?? You could end up with some serious damage.

Better/safer IMHO to fix the leak before you travel.

Last edited:
FWIW, the OEM parts work too.

Thanks... I'll get one!
If you buy the hardline, you get the hose, clamped on. If your tubing isn't damaged, you only need the lower hose and clamp.

FWIW, it's easier to install the hose on the tube, and then install the hose onto the block.

Save your money and just go get a foot of gates 5/8" heater hose for the PHH. Can find gates green stripe locally
You won't need the whole new metal tube
This!

Thanks... I'll get one!
Screenshot_20221019-205222.png

If you're not in a hurry ^^^

though shipping is usually a pretty quick turn around with these guys

Better off changing the hose where you are at, I’ve done that exact hose on the road, the end split, pulled it cut inch off and re installed, drove on that until got my new hoses from toyota. If you are unable to do this go to toyota and have them do it or a local shop

I took the Cruiser over to Wits' End today and Joey had a look. The fan clutch is fine and he doesn't think it's the head gasket (though he will test it). He found a split in the PHH and suggested I replace several smaller, old, original hoses and clamps. Sooo... thanks everyone for the suggestions and help! I am so glad I didn't put the head gasket "repair goop" in.... You guys are great and I appreciate it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom