Blower Resistor - late FJ40 Nippondenso a/c (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know where to get a replacement blower motor resistor for ‘80 FJ40 original ac unit? Thanks

City Racer

Thanks, sent them an email as they only show the 60 on the site. Appreciate the direction!

Here’s the part number.
45968196-3754-4C03-9B88-6037C69746BE.jpeg
686AE830-7B55-438B-8090-8CB2BE67A874.jpeg

Awesome! Really appreciate the extra help - I did not have much luck with the Toyota part No. but the ND part no. may give me some of the specs. I ordered the replacement resistor wire so I can make my own - maybe a future cottage industry . . .
The 60 one will work. It just mounts a little bit differently. I used a 60 series resistor on my '78 40.

The 60 one will work. It just mounts a little bit differently. I used a 60 series resistor on my '78 40.
Do you need to modify the hole in the back of the evaporator housing? The resistance is the same? Thanks Roadstr6!

Not sure if the specs are the same but this is for the fj55. I've seen denso use similar circuits for different models through this time period for their Toyota AC equipment.

fj55 ac blower resistor.JPG

Last edited:
Russ, FYI in the future, used 7" and 8" nichrome wire, 24 ga, wrapped about 3/8" diam, soldered to posts on old blower resistor block and works like a charm! Thanks again for your help - John

So those values on the diagram must be pretty close then.
It is difficult to say whether the fan speed is precisely as spec'd by Toyota, but it seems to be perfect for me. I am missing my old Simpson, but a digital ohmmeter gave me about 1.3 and 1.5 ohms each, which I took to be close enough for govt work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom