Blower motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1 year ago my blower motor stopped working one day. I gave it a knock with my foot and it came back to life...

6 months ago is started making a clicking noise...

... a few days ago it died completely.

Turns out the brushes wore out completely when the cliking noise started; the brush springs have been rubbing on the commutator this whole time. Amazing it still worked at all.

I tried to buy a replacement - a 24V motor from a 60-series (only $30, btw - 4 Seasons # 35184) - but the housing is not compatible with a 70-.

Questions:

a) is there an aftermarket replacement for the 70-series unit??

b) does anyone have a source for the motor brushes? They're 7x7.4mm, but I don't know the original length.

The comm on my motor is pretty fxxxed up, but I put the entire rotor in the lathe and turned the comm back to reasonably good condition. So new brushes might work if I could find them.

Any quality brushes longer than 10mm should last for quite a while. As long as the width and height is ok.
i got mine from ebay and sanded them down by hand to fit.

i have a 24V blower motor in my old JDM BJ70 ... but i ain't selling for $30.
the brushes are the same for the 12V and the 24V AFAIK ...

1 year ago my blower motor stopped working one day. I gave it a knock with my foot and it came back to life...

6 months ago is started making a clicking noise...

... a few days ago it died completely.

Turns out the brushes wore out completely when the cliking noise started; the brush springs have been rubbing on the commutator this whole time. Amazing it still worked at all.

I tried to buy a replacement - a 24V motor from a 60-series (only $30, btw - 4 Seasons # 35184) - but the housing is not compatible with a 70-.

Questions:

a) is there an aftermarket replacement for the 70-series unit??

b) does anyone have a source for the motor brushes? They're 7x7.4mm, but I don't know the original length.

The comm on my motor is pretty fxxxed up, but I put the entire rotor in the lathe and turned the comm back to reasonably good condition. So new brushes might work if I could find them.

The motor in mine also stopped working a year or so back. I took it to a local starter/alternator rebuild shop. They put in new bushings, resurfaced the armature, repacked the bearings and it has been running fine since. I don't recall the exact price but it was something like a little over $100. A shop local to you should be able refresh your motor just the same. Good luck.

I got it back together with new brushes and... Well it spins... But it's noisy as hell and the motor housing gets quite warm. How long does it take for brushes to wear in??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom