Blower motor. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Searching catalogs and internet in general hasn't helped my discover what this blower was supposed to do. Left side of my '78 Cali-spec FJ40.

D72B59C5-9893-4FC7-8911-5290AB8407C8.jpeg

For what it's worth, the engine bay is a MESS of wiring from the PO(s?). Check out the spaghetti over by the battery!

Anyway, as bad as it looks it just passed Cali smog a couple weeks ago.
C84FF2AF-9B5B-49B2-8472-6F7326711F3D.jpeg

Carb cooling fan, missing the end piece that points at the carb. Should be a sensor hanging beneath the manifold, underneath the carb.

Thank you Hard Way. It's amazing that such a thing was even needed! But now I have a new search term so maybe I can find parts and etc.

30696D25-B696-4EA1-8DEA-4F0D326F319C.jpeg

I would assume that this white device is the sensor? The PO must have rewired it to a dashboard switch because a wire, long since broken, leads through the firewall. In the second photo is a broken wire/ terminal under the intake - is this part of the device?

B2EC58CF-52E0-4708-AF8E-288F8C1D788E.jpeg

Thanks again. Google searching again with fresh terms.

Good pic of sensor on page 2.

Thanks for the information. I've been able to locate the sensor and controller, and have tested the blower which works very well. I'll pull the sensor out to clean and reattach the lead.

if anyone knows where I can buy the end of the blower housing that would be great. There are sellers of the whole blower assembly, but I just need the piece that directs airflow to the carb/intake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom