Blower motor stays on after key removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My blower motor stays on after the truck is shut off with the key, killing the battery. But only if it was blowing before the key was turned off. Once the key is off it doesn’t respond to the controls anymore and stays in the mode it was in when the key was on. If I shut the blower off, turn off the key, then it stays off. But if I had the heat blowing, it stays that way. Now everything works perfectly fine with the key on including multiple speeds. I assume relay? I ordered a denso relay 5670046 from a quick search but I’m not sure this is right because most show a control box and I have no idea where this relay would mount. I’ve also seen some say to replace the blower motor but that doesn’t make any sense to me. Any ideas what the issue is and how to diagnose? 1999 LC btw.

Does anyone have any idea what relay controls the fan motor on a ‘99 and where to find it? Also any idea how to test said relay or controller? If the dash controls to the fan turn on of off or adjust speed shut off with the key but the fan keeps blowing based on the setting before turning off the key, does that definitively point to the relay/controller? Any help diagnosing or repairing greatly appreciated. I assume nobody else has seen this problem yet?

Does anyone have any idea what relay controls the fan motor on a ‘99 and where to find it? Also any idea how to test said relay or controller? If the dash controls to the fan turn on of off or adjust speed shut off with the key but the fan keeps blowing based on the setting before turning off the key, does that definitively point to the relay/controller? Any help diagnosing or repairing greatly appreciated. I assume nobody else has seen this problem yet?
Please upload a photo of your climate control and it's part number. It could be due to faulty climate control computer or a blower motor resistor.

I had problem with my climate control circuitboard in my 105 cruiser and it made my hazard light stopped working and my second row under seat heater wasn't turning on also. After replacing my climate control motherboard my hazard light button started working and my second row heater started working too.

Your problem maybe related to climate control circuitboard also.

Please upload a photo of your climate control and it's part number. It could be due to faulty climate control computer or a blower motor resistor.

I had problem with my climate control circuitboard in my 105 cruiser and it made my hazard light stopped working and my second row under seat heater wasn't turning on also. After replacing my climate control motherboard my hazard light button started working and my second row heater started working too.

Your problem maybe related to climate control circuitboard

Your problem maybe related to climate control circuitboard also.
From online searches it appears to be part number 84010-60172 for the control panel. This is what the controls look like:
1674787833470.png

Not sure what other part numbers to find.
Where is the blower motor resistor located? Doesn’t this sound like a sticky relay? Just can’t find the location of the relay to check/replace.

From online searches it appears to be part number 84010-60172 for the control panel. This is what the controls look like: View attachment 3230552
Not sure what other part numbers to find.
Where is the blower motor resistor located? Doesn’t this sound like a sticky relay? Just can’t find the location of the relay to check/replace.
Take this switch panel out, disassemble it. Clean the solder contacts of these regulator switches and give it a try. This switch panel for AC is very easy and simple to disassemble.
Due to moister those solder contacts corrode and cause malfunction.

Take this switch panel out, disassemble it. Clean the solder contacts of these regulator switches and give it a try. This switch panel for AC is very easy and simple to disassemble.
Due to moister those solder contacts corrode and cause malfunction.
Kamran does the switch panel have power with the key off?

Kamran does the switch panel have power with the key off?
Yes it does because your hazard lights can still turn on with the key off and your clock doesn't reset with the key in off position. The hazard lights circuitboard and the clock circuitboard is inside the climate control box.

Next time when you turn off the engine and remove the key from car, try unplug the climate control harness, if that turns off the blower motor then problem is most likely in the climate control switch panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom