Wanted Blower motor resistor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody got one of these laying around???
unnamed.jpg

Just in case it's helpful:

Thanks for all the instant responses:bounce:

I too like to have as much original stuff as possible function correctly. My mechanic has pulled apart a resistor coil and is soldering a portion of it in as a replacement. Mine only had the small coil fail so he just has to replace the smaller one.

This it turns out it why my A/C stopped working. (So we think). It seems to be linked to the small coil.

Will keep all posted

Thanks for all the instant responses:bounce:

I too like to have as much original stuff as possible function correctly. My mechanic has pulled apart a resistor coil and is soldering a portion of it in as a replacement. Mine only had the small coil fail so he just has to replace the smaller one.

This it turns out it why my A/C stopped working. (So we think). It seems to be linked to the small coil.

Will keep all posted
I had the same a/c issue and it was the resistor coil. I bought this aftermarket resistor from SOR:

I think I found one on Amazon for a lot less, after I had already ordered from $OR, of course.

It is only a 2 speed though. I'm pretty sure the later year oem spec resistors were 3 speed.

It is only a 2 speed though. I'm pretty sure the later year oem spec resistors were 3 speed.

40's were 2 speed, I thought all 55's were 3 speed??

SOR only has the two speed that they list as for a 55???

I went the route of having my mechanic pull a portion of a resistor coil from some other component and replace the bad section on mine. Works perfectly now. Yahoo.

Thanks for all input

I think that the wiring is such that one of the three speeds (high) is direct wired to the 12 volts. The two different sized coils on the original resistor represent medium and low. One might be able to insert the 2 speed resister (SOR’s) in the proper wire order (directly in place of the two coils) so the 3 speeds are achieved.

Only a WAG!!! ( wild ass guess)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom