blower motor help (1 Viewer)

i was wondering where the blower motor connects to the vent on the side of the cowl what goes inbetween there to connect the two. there seems to be a couple of inches that is open pictures would be nice thanks for all the help building my rig

mine just sits there with the gap. I thought it was strange 2.

Then i figured this does 2 things

1 isolates excess vibration from the blower
2 pre-warms the air when it is very cold outside, it is a heater after all.

Yes. A foam gasket goes there.

The OEM gasket was black foam as I recall.

But I cut my own replacement from some blue foam that roughly matches my paint colour.:

blower1.jpg

I should have used thicker foam because there is still a little gap at the bottom. (I have some thicker stuff too.)

Without the gasket you may smell engine-fumes when you turn on your blower with the "fresh" control open.
blower1.jpg

the gap on mine is a lot wider mabey an inch more.
I am pretty sure there is no seperate part # for this. I am wondering if the foam gasket was glued onto the blower from the factory.

the gap on mine is a lot wider mabey an inch more.....
I seem to remember that the mounting holes are elongated to allow quite a bit of "sideways blower movement" (to adjust the gap on the vent-louvre side).

....I am pretty sure there is no seperate part # for this. I am wondering if the foam gasket was glued onto the blower from the factory.
I don't see the point in trying to source an OEM gasket anyway.

I used an old "sleeping mat" (as used beneath a sleeping bag when sleeping in a tent on the ground). I reckon this material is ideal and it comes in a variety of thicknesses and colours. And if you want it superthick you could double-up the thickness.

I am just being curious. The orginal must have came afixed to the blower, similar to the louver gaskets on the inside of the heater.

Thanks for the tip on the adjustment I will check it out.

I am just being curious. The orginal must have came afixed to the blower, similar to the louver gaskets on the inside of the heater.

Thanks for the tip on the adjustment I will check it out.
Well I can confirm the old ones were glued on because I remember scr@ping them off (and I glued my new ones on with contact adhesive too).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom