Blower housing restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone use Aatlas1x's kit for restoring their housing? I got the kit but no instructions. There is a big square of foam and a strip of foam plus screws. Do you cover the complete flapper with the square even though it only seals at the edge? Does the strip go against the fender part? What about the seal against the firewall? Aatlas1x say there is a post but I couldn't find it.

The square parts go on both sides of the gate. He gives you enough strip to do all the edges. Mine was a little short, so had to emprovise with some other foam...but I had to put foam on both fender, and blower housing to fill the gap, but still enough to get the firewall done too. Plastic bushing to replace the pivot point on the gate...

Here is what I have. The strip would only do part of the flange at the firewall or where it meets the fender. I was experimenting with some foam tape I had so that is what is stuck on there now.
DSC00015.JPG

But I thought it would include the flange gasket or enough material to do this flange:
DSC00016.JPG

I don't know what year you have, or maybe what year he sent the kit for...Mine came with two foam squares for the gate, a plastic bushing for the gate post, and enough foam tape to seal the firewall, and the fender port 1 3/4 times. Send your pics in a email to shane, and see what he says. I think he wants to keep people happy...You don't hear negative things about his product here on the forum...

I am not knocking Shane. I bought his heater kit and it worked wonderfully and I would recommend it to everyone. Shane had some computer trouble and I haven't been able to communicate with him so I was just looking for extra help.

Due to this wonderful computer crash, I have had some help and while trying to recover pictures and such I am now making PDF's for all instructions from heated seats, seat leather install, steering wheels, shifters, heaters from early mid and late models. It's going to take some time as I have to take so many new pictures.

Also the long strip you can cut a 'V'/notch in the corners so that there is no air leaks. This will also be noted in the instructions.

Most heaters and blowers you take apart and take pics before and during to insure proper re assembly.

Shane

All the foam was gone from this unit before I got it. I picked up another at the Cruiser swap in Stockton I now see where the foam was at the fender and over the flap. Shane does your foam strip go against the fender or against the firewall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom