Blower For Heater/AC Not Working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks, It's been a while since I was last here. I used to own an 85 FJ60 which I loved, but the family and work situation got pretty tight with the pennies about the same time as gas was over $4/gallon. I wound up selling it and have been craving a LC ever since. I'm currently looking at a 91 FJ80 that is very clean and has only 156k on the odo. The issue is that the AC/heater fan doesn't work at all. I've been down two days worth of threads describing the various issues that it could be and I have to say it's no clearer to me as what could be the culprit. My problem is I am about 5 hrs away from the rig and if I decide to pull the trigger, I'm going to have to get it and then fix the problem once it's in my hands. What I'm looking for is what are the potential highs and lows, price wise of the probably fixes. Currently its averaging 100+ degrees and in the winter there's snow on the valley floor. Heater/AC/Defrost are pretty key. I don't think this issue is one that would make me walk away from the truck, but I'd like to have some opinions on the level of difficulty in fixing it. I'm a bit mechanically inclined and do most of the work on my 2007 Frontier. The good thing is I'd have that to use until I fix the LC. Thanks in advance and I can't wait to be a LC owner once again.

Impossible to know what it is. Anything from the blower motor itself to the wiring, connections, button, relay, resistor, fuse. You'll just have to resign yourself to the fact that you'll have to fix it in one form or another.

IF the blower 'motor' itself works....this can be tested easily by running 12vdc directly to it.

IF it doesn't work...then replace the motor and recheck for function.

IF it DOES but doesn't work through the normal circuitry......then until you have the time, you could always rig up a simple On/Off switch that would allow you to use it at full speed when needed.

If you like the vehicle and there are no other known defects.....buy it and get your rear in gear fixing the blower motor.

Obvious check would be is the fuse good?

Only time my blower went out was when my AC comprssor's clutch went out. If so, no big deal, new complete Denso compressors are available for around $250.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom