Blower fever (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a afternoon off from my 1HZ install due to bad weather and took some time out to visit Sprintex superchargers.
It was well worth it:D
Jeff Dodsworth ,one of their tech advisers, give me the run down on the 1HZ blower kit and I must say I was impressed.
The kit as pictured is now $5990AUD or $1000 cheaper than before.Petrol cruiser are a $1000 cheaper: (
If they install the kit it comes with a 12/20 warrantee. Install labour cost is about $800-900 depending on obstructions such as aftermarket aircon or dual battey set ups.
You can keep the OEM A/C compressor and alt without any mods:cool:
The blower runs at 3 times the engine rpm but can be altered for driving requirements.
Jeff says some of their fiercest supporters are drilling operators who use 75 series 6x6.
The sprintex blower can run all day in 100F temp stationary while drilling and running a compressor and not overheat. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
http://sprintex.linconline.net/Toyota_Landcruiser_Supercharger_Kits.asp
robs pics 102 (Small).jpg
robs pics 103 (Small).jpg
robs pics 105 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
Oh ,the throttle cable device chokes the air supply to the blower at idle to keep the rpm down,I think:confused:

Like a turbo set up,they recomend an EGT and boost gauge.
The bottom pic is of a demonstrator and is not for a 1HZ
robs pics 106 (Small).jpg
robs pics 099 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
try again.
The rotors are teflon coated and are still working well on cruiser and patrols after 250000klm
robs pics 101 (Small).jpg

GAL DARN , that just looks so COOL.

Mad MAx in a HZJ70 rag top...

if the price tag wouldn't hurt so much i would give one a try but $6000 AUD is out of my price range.

damn that looks good though...
thanks for the pics

cheers

crushers said:
GAL DARN , that just looks so COOL.

Mad MAx in a HZJ70 rag top...

if the price tag wouldn't hurt so much i would give one a try but $6000 AUD is out of my price range.

damn that looks good though...
thanks for the pics

cheers

Im glad you liked it and it was even more impressive in the flesh.

When the 1st aftermarket turbo kits went on sale they cost the same 15 years ago as they do now.
Sprintex have just dropped the price a grand and I think it will probably come down further yet.

I think he said there is about 900 hundred vehicles in W Aust running their blower kits and 200 of them are cruisers.
These are really popular with the RR and patrol owners too.

I got a nice brochure from them as well.In it they claim the blower has a response time of 0.4 of a second in a gasser. According to Jeff it uses 7kw of power to run

The factory showroom was like going into a supermax. I rang up and told them I wanted to see one fitted. I give them my name and they give me their address and told me to come on over
When I arrived I had to gain access through a security gate with intercom and camera after identifying myself

This kit stay by far off my wallet .. but is a nice view .. and sweet dreams have one of this .. !

How much PSI push it .. ?

That blower is very similar to my Eaton M90... top outlet, backside inlet, case design, mounting holes, drive gears... The design of the rotors is slightly different though. Any idea the brand of blower they are using.

Peter Straub

Behemoth60 said:
That blower is very similar to my Eaton M90... top outlet, backside inlet, case design, mounting holes, drive gears... The design of the rotors is slightly different though. Any idea the brand of blower they are using.

Peter Straub

Peter as far as I know its their own design although it maybe generically the same as others.
They machine and manufacture all the oving parts and have the casting done by someone else.

Wayne ,I dont have a scanner but Ill see what I can do.
Their site has more info.

Have a play with their blower calculator:D
They do have bigger blowers too:D
http://sprintex.linconline.net/Toyo...harger_Kits.asp

Dave, the brochure says 50kpa in 0.4 of a second on a gasser.

I find the torque figures mind boggling,325Nm(240ft/p) at 2400 rpm with 118kw(160 hp) at 3500 at the flywheel for a 4.2 diesel.
Of course these are lowball figures at stock settings to maintain longevity of componentry.
They claim thier blower can outlast the motor and be transferred to the owners new engine.

roscoFJ73 said:
They claim thier blower can outlast the motor and be transferred to the owners new engine.

:eek: big words .. !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom