Block sanding party at my place (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SFROMAN

SILVER Star
Threads
Putting it out there. Anybody that wants to block sand on my junk for about 3-5 hours and give me a hand on Sunday 20 dec or monday 21 dec would be greatly appreciated.
trying to get my mini truck done with paint and body during my winter break. And one man show is not going to cut it.

BLUF

WHO- Del Roman (82 Toyota truck)
WHAT- bodywork sanding on my truck
WHEN- Sunday or Monday 20,21 DEC anytime you can show up I will be in the garage at around 0900. So let’s say
0900- 1700ish or when the beer runs out
WHERE- my place in Apex PM me for address if you want to come by and give me a hand.

HOW- We will be applying body filler to different panels of the body (82 pick up) and those helping will be block sanding or using an orbital sander with 36/40 grit sandpaper to shape the excess body filler off the body ( using a cross pattern)
I will provide N95 masks so you don’t have to worry about dust particles from sanding. Or the RONA. HAHA

But wait there is more!!
Just like classic ONSC HAMOM events
If anybody wants to come and work on their junk they get to also not only work on their junk but get some pretty solid advice and help from other knowledgable members. All I ask is plan accordingly tools and parts wise because I can’t guarantee that I will have either.

Assumed or Nonspecified task

I can obviously provide beer and food. Typically I would offer up some authentic Mexican tacos ( depending on how many are coming) if only a few of us I might settle for, I can’t believe I am saying this but settle for some NC “bbq” which is a quick way to get your ass kicked where I am from for mentioning but hard time me lead to hard measures.

Post up if you are interested.

Putting it out there. Anybody that wants to block sand on my junk for about 3-5 hours and give me a hand on Sunday 20 dec or monday 21 dec would be greatly appreciated.
trying to get my mini truck done with paint and body during my winter break. And one man show is not going to cut it.

BLUF

WHO- Del Roman (82 Toyota truck)
WHAT- bodywork sanding on my truck
WHEN- Sunday or Monday 20,21 DEC anytime you can show up I will be in the garage at around 0900. So let’s say
0900- 1700ish or when the beer runs out
WHERE- my place in Apex PM me for address if you want to come by and give me a hand.

HOW- We will be applying body filler to different panels of the body (82 pick up) and those helping will be block sanding or using an orbital sander with 36/40 grit sandpaper to shape the excess body filler off the body ( using a cross pattern)
I will provide N95 masks so you don’t have to worry about dust particles from sanding. Or the RONA. HAHA

But wait there is more!!
Just like classic ONSC HAMOM events
If anybody wants to come and work on their junk they get to also not only work on their junk but get some pretty solid advice and help from other knowledgable members. All I ask is plan accordingly tools and parts wise because I can’t guarantee that I will have either.

Assumed or Nonspecified task

I can obviously provide beer and food. Typically I would offer up some authentic Mexican tacos ( depending on how many are coming) if only a few of us I might settle for, I can’t believe I am saying this but settle for some NC “bbq” which is a quick way to get your ass kicked where I am from for mentioning but hard time me lead to hard measures.

Post up if you are interested.
I'd like to join in. I am always open to learning.

I've got some sheetrock mud and a putty knife here at the house I can bring.

I've got some sheetrock mud and a putty knife here at the house I can bring.

Haha
Remodeling two houses right now. I have plenty of that stuff here. That stuff is way easier to sand though.

Out of town on Sunday but should be able to swing by when I get back in town. Monday I might be able to help some too.

No worries

Have you been watching Iron Resurrection? The body guy "Shorty" calls for a block party when the vehicle is ready for blocking out. Everyone runs and hides. Heather's truck has been ready to sand out for over a year now and I've not made the time to get to it. I'm in the middle of a total remodel on a rental too, it's getting old :) Good reminder why I got out of general contracting.

It is impossible for me to plan due to some out-of-state family health issues, but if I'm in town, I'll be over Sunday, Del.

How big is your air compressor

30 gallon.

Welp, I'll be driving north Saturday, so unfortunately I won't be able to come by and help. Hospice nurse said today my Mother has maybe a few days...

Welp, I'll be driving north Saturday, so unfortunately I won't be able to come by and help. Hospice nurse said today my Mother has maybe a few days...

Joe,
Sorry to hear that. Take care of business, no issues on my end. Sucks and I dread the day I have to go through that. All I can say is enjoy the time you have together with your mom.

s*** now I’m going to have to call my mom tomorrow.

Are you still doing this Sunday?

My plan is to be in the garage on Sunday doing bodywork.

you are more than welcome to come by and help if you like.
I will pm you my address.

I'll be over some time Sunday morning

I will be super busy tomorrow. More likely pulling an 18 hour day so giving an update right now because I am not sure I will be able to Saturday.

when I first posted this I was frustrated because for those that have done body work the progress is very slow.
* especially if I may or may not have left my DA sander and higher grit/ lower number sand paper at a remodel I am doing.
Since then I have ordered a s*** load of 40 and 60 grit sand paper both for the block sanders and the DA sander.
with plenty of the right course sand paper I have made pretty good progress especially with johny’s help last night.

So I still plan on being out in the garage on Sunday doing body work.

if anybody wants to come by and not necessarily work on my junk but just to hang out or come by and drink some beer you are more than welcome to.

if you know where I live and want to stop by, cool, stop by. If you want to come by and don’t know where I live then pm me. So I know who to send my address and phone number to.

Waiting to hear about if I have to watch the kids or not but if not I’ll try to come out try to learn something if anything I’m sure I can work a sanding block

By leaning. If you mean learning bad habits. Sure. Haha

This truck is going to be a trail truck. Although I am trying to cover up all the patching I welded in during rust repair I am not trying to get the body perfectly straight or smooth. But I think that already the panels are looking pretty good and def good enough for me and what this truck will be.
also, I am trying like hell to not plaster bondo on the panels. But some small areas might have more than could be acceptable to most show room finish paint shops.

I am also going to try to metal work some extra doors I have to build some half doors. In case one of you rather do metal work and some welding instead of body work. Hi

Just now calling it a day.
it was a long productive day. With lots of hard work and some hanging out and talking.
I reallly appreciate you guys coming out and looking forward to helping you guys with your projects in the near future.
With the work put in today I should be done with the bedsides, hoods, and fenders tomorrow.

again, thanks to the ONSC family for lending me a much needed hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom