Block heater

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by Eric Winkworth, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Eric Winkworth

Eric Winkworth

Well I was going to get a lower rad hose one, but I ended uo getting one that goes into one of the frost plugs, I am going to drain out my rad in the next few days, how do you go about getting a frost plug out? and from the look of the thing it seems like it wouldn't seal very well but I could be trippin, anyone put one in?

I am thinking it is a PITA, but I'm up for it

2. crushers

crushers post ho

drive the rear most plug into th eblock and stick in the block heater... too easy, messy but easy.
    i HIGHLY recommend a "rubber made" plastic pan about 2' by 4', it makes clean up extremely easy...
    getting the air out of the system is the hard part, get ready to expereince frustration...
    cheers

3. Eric Winkworth

Eric Winkworth

how do you do that? is there a bleeder valve er something?

I dunno what you mean exactly, when I drive the frost plug into the block where does it go?

4. crushers

crushers post ho

the frost plug falls inside, do not worry about his.
    to bleed make sure both heaters are on full, open the highest hose fitting near the firewall and i find if i pull the upper hose and stick the one end back on to the rad and fill that way it saves quite a bit of time, once the fluid come out the rear hose then clamp it off. once the fluid comes out the thermostate housing then refit the upper hose properly and top off. check each time you go to drive WHEN COLD and add as needed...
    cheers

5. Eric Winkworth

Eric Winkworth

k will do, thanks for the FYI

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.