block drain for rad.

I have been reading some thrreads and was wondering what would happen if I just open the block drain? I changed the fluids in my new to me 80 in Oct and everything looked ok but I didn't drain the block. Or I could wait and do the whole tamale in the future...

If you don't replace any hoses and just tee the prestone fitting into a heater hose, then flush the system (removing the block drain only takes 2 minutes) it's not bad at all, honest.

Thanks--guess I will wait a couple more months and do it at the year mark. This way I can purchase the prestone widget next time I'm in the states. :)

e9999

You want to do what...?

can't imagine that 2 months would be a big deal if your system looks clean, but yes, you should do it! There really are 2 separate "systems" in there with 2 low points...

e9999 said:
can't imagine that 2 months would be a big deal if your system looks clean, but yes, you should do it! There really are 2 separate "systems" in there with 2 low points...

As far as I can tell all looks good---the temp gauge always reads a bit under half...

Top Bottom