1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bliss in my 80 --

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by erics_bruisers, Mar 4, 2004.

1. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

Tonight I had to go to North Hartford to meet up with a potential adopter for one of my pit bull females --

I met up with her, and had dinner with her at her house -- and with another woman, who is either her lover or just her friend --

-- an important distinction to me, since I'd like to date this woman, too - especially after she told me she bought her 4-skinna' new in '98 with a V6 and a stick -- that's like a match made in heaven to me --

-- anyway, on the way home, I'm driving my '91, and some jackass in a white minivan is going 75 in the left lane -- I want to pass him, mostly because I hate minivans --

-- so I accelerate my truck, featuring a 3FE with its original drivetrain --

-- it passes the minivan seamlessly on the right-hand-side, reaching between 85 and 90 miles an hour --

-- for a moment there, I couldn't hear the hiss of the sunroof, nor could I smell the diarrhea coming from Gwyn, one of the mothers --

-- it was just me and my 80 -- and I thought to myself, "gee, I should try and snap up another one of these so I never have to drive another vehicle in my lifetime" --

:D :D :D

e

2. drohweder

drohweder

Good thought. I am working on snapping up my first 80. Yeah, I am an 80virgin :D

3. FJ60

FJ60

I am considering updating my daily driver to a 80 also, currently studying the year differences and prices ;)

4. DenverCruiser

DenverCruiser

I have also recently gotten the desire for an 80. Doesnt help that there is a sweet modified 80 that I pass every day to and from work. Here is a question, why are 60's almost as expensive as 80's? Aren’t 80's pretty much superior in every way?

5. jl

jl

[quote author=DenverCruiser link=board=1;threadid=12569;start=msg115633#msg115633 date=1078502546]
    I have also recently gotten the desire for an 80. Doesnt help that there is a sweet modified 80 that I pass every day to and from work. Here is a question, why are 60's almost as expensive as 80's? Aren’t 80's pretty much superior in every way?
    [/quote]

Accept in how they look. Too yuppie for me :D