Blinkers don't work right... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok - don't laugh... question about the blinkers:

When the turn signal is on, only the long rectangular blinker (white box in the pic below) is blinking... the orange turn signal on the side (red box) is not blinking... shouldn't it be blinking?! How does this work on your rig?

PassBlinkers.jpg

I guess it's working as designed... still I find it a little weird that the large orange light in the space typically occupied by a blinker on most vehicles is in fact NOT a blinker at all...

Those blink on my rig...

A simple mod that made me very happy. I like people from the side knowing I'm turning.

Cheers,
JFS III

Has any one swapped the two... one could get a set of the now hot reverse lights put them in turn signal housing and run them as daytime runners... and put the blinkers in the corner markers? It seems that is the one Toyota brain fart on the otherwise best car in the universe.

I think those bright reverse lights would be too bright in the front IMHO

I think those bright reverse lights would be too bright in the front IMHO

it would be less light than my HIR low beams that I leave on.

BTW, when I modded my non-blinkers to be blinkers, I pulled lights from a Tercel (I think). It fits right into the light without needing any additional holes, just a 2 stage bulb.

Some searching should reveal the appropriate vehicles to search a junkyard for.

Cheers,
JFS III

I added an LED bulb that flashes orange on each corner lens. Using the LED bulb allows me to keep the JDM look without the awkward orange dots in the lenses.
23532_10150157480450228_539070227_11595074_5111042_n.jpg

Interesting..

For JDM, the 'white' corner light contain 1. parking light and 2. additional light that comes on to illuminate that corner of the road when blinkers are on AND normal beam.

theres another orange side-blinker just below the radio antenna too.

stop messing with him guys ......he's just low on blinker fluid, top up the light and all will be fine.

Has any one swapped the two... one could get a set of the now hot reverse lights put them in turn signal housing and run them as daytime runners... and put the blinkers in the corner markers? It seems that is the one Toyota brain fart on the otherwise best car in the universe.

I just swapped the sockets. I rarely use the daytime running lights, and the blinkers are far more visible.

JJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom