Blinker issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok,

I've searched through the posts, followed procedure, and still can't figure it out. My sister's 80 just wont blink right. Only the right side will work before quickly blowing a fuse. We've changed all bulbs AND blinker relay. Any more suggesstions??? Thanks.

What about the front blinker blub? (Assuming you replaced the rear)

Does it work with the hazzard on?

Any trailer wiring harness on that 80?

I second looking at possible trailer harnesses. I took a bump hard one time, and pinched the trailer wiring between the rear cross-member and the body (if I'm remembering the spot right). Was getting weird combinations of fuse blowing with turn signal and brakes. Finally figure out that it was occasionally shorting between the harness wires and that the wires had been damaged under the vehicle. Replaced that section of wire and re-routed it more intelligently, and never had a problem since.

Cheers,
JFS III

It does have a trailer harness, which she's never used, but that could be the root of the problem. I've read on the other tech forums that that usually causes some type of malfunction at some point. Thanks for the help, I'll re-post if I don't track it down this weekend.

Yeah - I had a very similar situation that immediately fixed itself when I took the aftermarket Hoppy trailer wiring harness and adapter out of my electrical system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom